Author Topic: Using Evaporust on stuff  (Read 8047 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Using Evaporust on stuff
« on: August 12, 2018, 08:04:28 PM »
Yesterday I had to clean up some hinges for a neighbor that go to a CJ-5 Jeep he was given by a friend. They go on the rear glass of the hard top and one was frozen solid. I got out the trusty old 3450RPM long shaft Craftsman with a wheel and buffing pad. Cleaned them up on the wire wheel and put them in Evaporust for about 6 hours out in the sun to warm it up so it works faster. After about 4 hours I pulled the frozen hinge out and tapped it with a hammer and it freed up and then back in the ER.
I took them out of the ER, rinsed them and hit them with the wire wheel again. They are good enough so he can repaint them. I also put witness marks on them so he knows which 2 pieces go together.
I also threw a pair of Channelock Ironworker pliers in ER that were locked up and I would pull them out occasionally and work them and it freed them up and every time I worked them I was getting rust out of the joint and I did that until no more rust came out and then I rinsed them. Now the spring will open the pliers again. They came out slightly black but that will come off with a brass brush.

Needless to say I love Evaporust.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 08:08:05 PM by DeadNutz »

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Using Evaporust on stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 08:06:29 PM »
Here is my buffer and the Channelocks.