Author Topic: B&D Valve Refacing Machine --  (Read 8217 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
B&D Valve Refacing Machine --
« on: August 13, 2018, 05:40:31 PM »
I love my wife!!! When my wife saw me bookmark this valve refacer on Craigslist a few years ago, she told me she'd buy it for me as my birthday present. She's definitely a keeper.

I drove down to see the guy in southern Virginia, and to my GREAT surprise -- THIS THING IS BRAND NEW!!!! :wav: The guy's grandfather passed away a few months back and it was supposed to go into his small engine repair shop. Poor guy never got to use it. It was uncrated and set in a corner of his garage.

It hadn't touched a valve -- ever!! Also included was a B&D air powered valve seat grinder, a complete set of stones and guides (some still in their OEM packaging), a B&D grinding stone truing jig, a set of valve guide reamers, a few valve spirng removal tools, a set of carbide valve seat cutters, lapping compound, seat micrometer, and a full set of valve guide brushes.

I've always wanted one of these machines and now have a pretty good machine shop setup.

Offline slip knot

Re: B&D Valve Refacing Machine --
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2018, 10:14:16 PM »
sweet. that's in excellent shape.

I would love to find one now. back years ago they could be had fairly cheap. all the little mechanic shops that did head work were going broke. so was I and never bought one. Now that I'd like to find one they are none existant.