Author Topic: An historical perspective  (Read 2374 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
An historical perspective
« on: March 20, 2020, 09:24:56 AM »
Saw this on Facebook.  Good to get a perspective from someone who's been around for decades and seen a lot of things.  Who knows if it's real, but the sentiment is real and that's all that really matters.

Now get off my lawn!   ;)
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: An historical perspective
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 09:58:10 AM »
good read. i am trying to print this off but it always cuts part of it off. anyone have this in a different format?
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2020, 10:12:05 AM »
You may have to reset your margins.  Or see if you can copy into a Word document.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2020, 10:29:13 AM »
It's an image -- you can save it as a file and enlarge or format as necessary once it's on your HD

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 12:54:15 PM »
Good read for sure.
I would have to guess it's not exactly real as it would be hard to remember this whole thing if you simply sat and listened, either way it was a good read that makes you think.

It really makes me wonder what my grandfather would say if he was here.
You don't drive a tank across France and take a near miss through the helmet without learning a few things along the way, he was a Missouri farm boy who got called to war along with one of his brothers and made it home to die of old age while installing a flag pole he built to fly the flag he fought to defend all those years ago.
Always lookin' to learn

Online jabberwoki

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 09:25:50 PM »
The Aussi pm ripps the idiots that hoard and he`s dead right.
I`m embarrassed by the news of Aussis doing this.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-18/coronavirus-panic-buying-pm-tells-people-to-stop-hoarding/12066082
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2020, 07:43:59 AM »
The Aussi pm ripps the idiots that hoard and he`s dead right.
I`m embarrassed by the news of Aussis doing this.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-18/coronavirus-panic-buying-pm-tells-people-to-stop-hoarding/12066082

It's human nature. Civility, logic, and common sense are replaced with a sense of panic. If nothing else, this virus has shown that the very thin veneer of civility we all depend on is easily stripped off by such an emergency. Could you imagine what would happen if this were a very severe crisis -- like an EMP, or a similar global pandemic with a very high fatality rate?

Preppers (even the doomsday contingent) are right about one thing -- stash a few months worth of food, water, medicine, and ammo.