Author Topic: Goodwill buys  (Read 1781 times)

Offline bonneyman

Goodwill buys
« on: November 20, 2020, 02:58:58 PM »
Picked up an old SK socket box for $3. Inner plastic tray has some chips but still usable. And a snap-tab GLOCK gun case which should do very well for a portable tools box. $5 for it.
Though I'll probably have to conceal the gun case well as it'd be a tempting target for thieves, eh?

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Goodwill buys
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 06:27:31 PM »
Nice buys.  I've gotten some good stuff at Goodwill, but never found any tools.  Found a Ping putter last year for $2 and re-sold it for $40.
boop/bop/beep

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 08:25:31 PM »
I've found some great stuff at Goodwill over the years.
Not as many tools as I would like but some good buys.

One thing I hate is how they part out drills and batteries...ect.
Even if you tape everything together ( did it once on a junker I donated and found it for sale parted out a week later) they sell the battery and charger together then the drill by itself.
And if you've got one of the 90's steel makita cases for the little 12v drills ( I see 'em all the time ) you're talking a minimum of $10+ .
Always lookin' to learn

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2020, 06:48:12 AM »
I "used" to pick up those socket set boxes all the time back when I was swapping (before C-19 and when I had a bit more time on the weekends). Those SK boxes can be spotted a mile away. I have more than my share now, and many of them have been filled (from being empty) to go on the collection shelf. I really like the old SK wrinkle finish boxes. Many of those had partial sets, and I would build them back up with the vintage pieces.

Nice find!