Author Topic: Pawnie finds: 1-13-20  (Read 3006 times)

Offline bonneyman

Pawnie finds: 1-13-20
« on: January 13, 2020, 12:59:05 PM »
Went by a pawn shp that's discontinuing loose tools, figured what the heck - I might find something good in the bins.
Found a pair od locking tabs for a retractable razor knife, what looks like a lock-picking tool, a Proto driver for the handle, and a McQuay-Hatch 4" adjustable. Also a QR late model Stanley 1/4" ratchet - gonna try swapping the mechanism in some other rats I have and see if it interchanges.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: Pawnie finds: 1-13-20
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »
Well, how much?!   ;D
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 03:35:22 PM »
$3.50

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 06:31:19 PM »
Good deal.
The lockpicking tool looks like some form of wave rake, I would guess for some kind of automotive lock out kit but that's just a guess.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 06:39:18 PM »
That is a large haul for a little money

Offline slip knot

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2020, 07:07:20 PM »
Whats the round thingy with the 7 holes???

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2020, 08:14:51 PM »
Rubber bit holder that goes into a standard bit driver, lots of 'em come with these.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2020, 09:05:27 PM »
Rubber bit holder that goes into a standard bit driver, lots of 'em come with these.

Yeah, I have a Craftsman professional bit driver (black and red handle) that I got but needed something to hold the spare bits. This slid right over the shaft. Perfect!

The black vacuum attachment I'm gonna try and heat and mold it to turn it into a belt carrier for my Bonney non-retractable razor knife. And the Husky combo is 10mm spline in the box - can't have too many 10 mm's around.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:07:06 PM by bonneyman »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2020, 09:10:03 PM »
Good deal.
The lockpicking tool looks like some form of wave rake, I would guess for some kind of automotive lock out kit but that's just a guess.

The wave tool is marked GOSO - which just happens to be lock picking tools!

https://gosolockpicks.com/product/goso-24-pieces-lock-pick-set

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2020, 09:23:46 PM »

Yeah, I have a Craftsman professional bit driver (black and red handle) that I got but needed something to hold the spare bits. This slid right over the shaft. Perfect!

The black vacuum attachment I'm gonna try and heat and mold it to turn it into a belt carrier for my Bonney non-retractable razor knife. And the Husky combo is 10mm spline in the box - can't have too many 10 mm's around.
I have one of those but holders that came with my Husky version of that WF ratcheting bit driver, but it fits so loose oj the shaft that I never use it.
Always thought it was a useful idea but never tried it, I may have to look for one of the one I have which came with something else and see if it fits on there and give it a try.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2020, 09:35:37 PM »

I have one of those but holders that came with my Husky version of that WF ratcheting bit driver, but it fits so loose oj the shaft that I never use it.
Always thought it was a useful idea but never tried it, I may have to look for one of the one I have which came with something else and see if it fits on there and give it a try.

Craftsman used to sell these vinyl ribbed bit drivers, and they had 4 holes drilled in the shoulder of the handle to hold spare bits. I went through several before Craftsman discontinued them. Found out FISKARS was the OEM, and have found 3 in the wild. But since going to the EASYDRIVER ball and magnetic sockets the bit drivers don't get much love.
The sleeve though eliminates the missing holes on newer bit drivers.