Author Topic: your shop AS the project?  (Read 2572 times)

Offline strik9

• X
your shop AS the project?
« on: October 18, 2018, 10:17:43 AM »
I finally have mine.  Its silly tiny and ill stocked.   Quite apt for reasonsble storage and a place to set and work but even monthes in I seem to be doing more to itself to improve it than stuff to keep up a house. 

I think now five projects have been created there for outside use and far more for itself.

I am nuts....

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Re: your shop AS the project?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2018, 01:36:54 PM »
Setting up takes a while. The shop I no longer have took me a good couple years to finally set up and even then I was still changing things.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:34:40 PM »
My shop is the project that never ends. I am still working on getting it back to the original reason it was built as a shop and not as a storage unit. The wife gets on me about spending $70,000 to build a storage unit. ???

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2018, 02:38:58 PM »
Still nosebleed level shelving up around the ceiling  to install but no more floor using fixtures.  All lighting is in and just ridiculous "art" like rasslin event posters and random cool shit to display. 

A lot of what was being stored became the house and related along the way and extra unwanted stuff is going away slowly so pack rat useless stuff is not an issue.

Just to keep it in focus so I don't dump a pile of trash on my son after my funeral.  Not impossible but......

Offline muddy

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2018, 08:52:51 PM »
Just like any other projects I don't think a shop is ever truly done.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline john k

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2018, 09:27:58 PM »
Right now am planning putting a free standing metal car port in front of my garage, so I can roll one of the project cars out, rain or shine.   Also am looking for a wood garden shed for storage behind the garage.   Then will find the willpower to stuff it with things that do not pertain to the current project.   Maybe two garden sheds?    Where I live it rains, snows, and is windy.   Some things just got to be under cover so as to not be turned into useless junk,  like sheet metal, tool boxes, usable lumber, etc.  Kinda glad I am no longer working, because so much stuff from the shop and the dumpster that  had to be stored out of the weather.