Author Topic: Millers Falls Company Wrenches??  (Read 1852 times)

Offline coolmercury

Millers Falls Company Wrenches??
« on: September 25, 2019, 07:12:04 PM »
Millers Falls Co. is known for its drilling tools, but it also made other tools such as wrenches and socket sets.  Alloy Artifacts mentions them but does not list any wrenches.  I have gotten into an argument with a guy about the two wrenches shown.  I say that both of them are Millers Falls, and he says the MF wrench is Massey Fergueson.  The spelled out wrench is older than the other one, which was actually made by Cresent Tool Co.  Can anyone help??

Offline john k

Re: Millers Falls Company Wrenches??
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2019, 09:00:55 PM »
No certainty, but never heard of any tools marked for MasseyFerguson.  Seen lots of Millers Falls tools, hack saws,woodworking,have a small Millers Falls drill press.

Offline Davethorik

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 01:07:24 AM »
I found a Massey Ferguson screwdriver once, but it had Massey Ferguson spelled out, and a modern looking acetate handle.

That being said, as far as I know, if it was a Massey Ferguson wrench, you think it would have their triple triangle logo, not just MF in a rectangle.

Edit: the only Miller's Falls sockets I have seen were in a 3/8 set, the ratchet in the set was clearly a Penens/Proto rebrand.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 05:20:52 AM by Davethorik »

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 03:35:54 PM »
Yes, the socket set I have is also 3/8' and rebranded.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 03:44:41 PM »
Sorry but i think your friend is right. Massey used that logo/emblem for a while. Google search Massey Ferguson emblem and scroll down.  It's  there.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!