Author Topic: The Tool Truck Killer!  (Read 4333 times)

Offline Davethorik

Re: The Tool Truck Killer!
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2019, 05:40:50 PM »
Tool trucks aren't dying, folks. Yeah, all the truck brands have various imported products, to varying degrees.

Snap-On has bought a lot of smaller companies, and has a strong international presence.

Cornwell expanded into a larger, new warehouse within past couple years and bought Kennedy tool boxes, too. They must be doing something right.

Offline bmwrd0

Re: The Tool Truck Killer!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 06:09:40 PM »
We are all bargain shoppers, and we spend a lot of time searching the internet for the right product at the right price. But, just about everyone on this board is not a newbie just starting out. Who needs a lot of tools quickly, isn't completely sure it is the right career, and so on. When I was in a shop, I avoided the trucks like the plague. Not because the tools weren't good, nor that they didn't have what I wanted. But because I was flat ass broke. So, I spent my nights in trade school, and my weekends scrounging tools. But, I grew up doing that with my dad, and I enjoyed it. Not everyone does, and many have other things they need to do, like spending time with their kids, or their wives, whatever. It is a trade-off.

The mechanics at that shop had a mix. One guy had a Snappy box, the rebuild guy a Cornwell. The service manager had a nice old Snap-on stack and the tech manager had a MATCO setup. The rest had either Craftsman or Harbor freight. Everyone was happy with their choice as far as I could tell.