Author Topic: HF folding knives recalled  (Read 1965 times)

Offline DeadNutz

HF folding knives recalled
« on: October 06, 2019, 12:31:18 PM »
There has been a recall issued for HF folding knives due to lacerations. I guess the lock can fail to engage resulting in injuries. I am shocked that a knife can cut you. :o

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harbor-freight-pocketknives-recalled

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: HF folding knives recalled
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2019, 01:04:53 PM »
Gee -- who would have guessed that such a "high quality" product would fail at some point. Nothing worse than ultra cheap hand tools and cutlery.
I know that their Chinese knockoffs of the "tried and true" Stanley utility knives are also very flimsy and potentially dangerous.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2019, 01:07:23 PM »
There has been a recall issued for HF folding knives due to lacerations. I guess the lock can fail to engage resulting in injuries. I am shocked that a knife can cut you. :o

https://www.foxnews.com/us/harbor-freight-pocketknives-recalled
Cheap linerlocks these days can commonly fail , and I'd expect nothing less from a Chinese made knife which is something I never buy not that I carry anything but traditionals these days anyway.
Funny thing is that the old Camillus fish knives were inexpensive back in the day and I've never heard of one folding on anybody.
Granted it's already a slipjoint, but the liner is only a thin piece of brass.

The reason is people knew how to use a knife and being mostly used to non locking folders used 'em all the same locking or not.
Marketing I'm the 80's convinced a lot of people they could do with nothing more than a " overbuilt " one handed folder they could stab through car hoods.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 07:11:36 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline walrus

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2019, 05:54:36 PM »
Comments read like we wrote them  :D