Author Topic: LOL- Fell asleep under Mrs. GFs car --  (Read 2802 times)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
LOL- Fell asleep under Mrs. GFs car --
« on: October 14, 2019, 02:45:10 PM »
This must be a sign that I'm getting on in years. I was changing the diff. fluid and oil in Mrs GFs Traveres and had the garage door open. Beautiful day, warm, dry, sun shining into the open garage. I was on a creeper and working away, but a stubborn filler plug was causing a bit of a problem. I decided to take a breather and in a few minutes fell flat asleep under the car. I'm not talking a light nap, but Mrs GF came in to bring me a cup of "joe" and woke me up from a downright snore-fest.

We both had a good laugh, and this is the FIRST time in my life that this has ever happened to me. I got a good night's sleep last night, but somehow between the warmth, the fresh air, and the position on the creeper -- I was out for the count for about 40 minutes.

Job is done and right now I'm sitting on the porch with a good cigar and a foamy cup of cappuccino -- I might try the creeper again in the future if I have trouble falling asleep --  :)) :)) :))

Offline bonneyman

Re: LOL- Fell asleep under Mrs. GFs car --
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 05:27:14 PM »
I'm sure with all the electronics goodies out there you could rig up an alarm bell to go off on your creeper if the wheels don't move for 10 minutes.  :D

On a serious note, been there, done that. One of these days I'm sure I'll pass out while watching a utube vid on tool restoration - and just chock it up to a bad memory!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 05:47:27 PM »
Better to take a nap on a creeper under the car rather than doing it while driving. One reason I don't think cars should have any form of autopilot is lack of attention or sleeping while going down the road.

Offline daves_not_here

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 05:49:32 PM »
 :))

I nearly fell asleep in the dentist's chair the other day.  ;D
David

Online muddy

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 07:08:00 PM »
:))

Many a day I've had to fight sleep while laying under a machine on a creeper.

Sent from the twisted mind of the Mudman

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 08:11:23 PM »
That is funny, back in my sleep apnea days I fell asleep in a noisy ass MRI machine.
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2019, 09:06:46 PM »
Creepers are good for naps.   ;D
boop/bop/beep

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2019, 09:15:55 PM »
So how did she wake you up blow the horn :-\ LMAO  now you have a knot on your head, O0

ROTFLMAO
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2019, 09:33:46 PM »
Sound like a great nap.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Jkesselr

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2019, 10:10:53 AM »
I was working on a lifted truck with a buddy. I was under the hood and he was on a creeper underneath. We were working away and BSing along the way when I eventually noticed it had been quiet for awhile... too quiet and for too long. He was hungover from the night before and decided to take a snooze when we were both supposed to be working. Screw that. A well-placed “accidentally” dropped combination wrench woke his ass right up. He hasn’t fallen asleep on me since.  :))

Offline john k

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2019, 08:53:27 PM »
Several times when working in a shop would catch myself  dozing.   Older guy there would come along and tap my foot when the boss was coming.  when I was 17 and working hard to keep a 57 chevy on the road several times fell asleep on the creeper, at home in the garage.   My dad came out once at 1am and found me sound asleep.   Gorgeous evening,   soft breeze coming in, and trying to clear head of the senior hs lessons that day.