Author Topic: Issuing a formal apology  (Read 2568 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Issuing a formal apology
« on: October 13, 2020, 05:08:33 PM »
Last year I think it was I bought a dozen or something of the mini Pratt Reed version of the easy driver ball for next to nothing and traded a few of them with members here.

Today I just discovered that ( I can only assume this is why P-R stopped making them ) mine was no longer working and that the mechanism uses a rubber band inside.
I cannot locate any of the others I have left but can only assume they have probably suffered the same fate.

Every tool I received in trade for them is still going strong, and if any of the easy ball drivers I traded have failed I would like to make the situation right however I can.

Had I known they were flawed like this I would not have traded them.

« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 05:11:43 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Issuing a formal apology
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
If any of the members I traded with are unhappy please PM me.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »
Did you get them from Ronco?      :D
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:21:01 PM »
We'll you could alway put together and sell a rebuild kit, 5 rubber band handy pac

Did not want to tell you but there has been a fire storm of PMs regarding this very important matter

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 08:43:03 PM »
We'll you could alway put together and sell a rebuild kit, 5 rubber band handy pac

Did not want to tell you but there has been a fire storm of PMs regarding this very important matter
You definitely made me look.

If these could come apart and be put back together it would be a non issue.

This whole thing really sucks because I would hate to think i shafted somebody.
Sure I don't feel like I got shafted by paying money for them, but those I traded with gave me some perfectly good tools and payed to ship them to me while I may have sent them something worthless in return.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2020, 08:28:16 AM »

You definitely made me look.

If these could come apart and be put back together it would be a non issue.

This whole thing really sucks because I would hate to think i shafted somebody.
Sure I don't feel like I got shafted by paying money for them, but those I traded with gave me some perfectly good tools and payed to ship them to me while I may have sent them something worthless in return.

Hey man , don't take life so seriously, especially the little shit that happens. It would be a total different story, if that was your nature.

And we all know that is not the case

Have a great day
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2020, 11:27:52 AM »
I have not used mine hard, but they are both still clicking.
I did take one of my original larger ball drivers apart, and each pawl had a spring. The smaller one uses a rubber bad, eh? Hmm. I wonder if it could be modified somehow?

Anyway, don't sweat it. You do stuff in good faith, and some unknown manufacturing defect breaks later? Not your fault. it's all good.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2020, 02:14:27 PM »
I did take one of my original larger ball drivers apart, and each pawl had a spring. The smaller one uses a rubber bad, eh? Hmm. I wonder if it could be modified somehow?

Anyway, don't sweat it. You do stuff in good faith, and some unknown manufacturing defect breaks later? Not your fault. it's all good.
Yeah with these theres a rubber and wrapped around the " anvil " and under the pawls to act as a spring.
I don't see how they couldn't use an actual spring,  even if it was just a tiny little torsion spring.

Looking through the yellow side I always thought that the white part I was seeing was just some kind of spriny plastic piece giving tension to the pawls, I figured I'd rather have springs but the whole mechanism is plastic anyways.
Never in a million years would I have guessed that what I was seeing was actually a standard rubber band.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 02:17:09 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2020, 06:37:03 PM »

Yeah with these theres a rubber and wrapped around the " anvil " and under the pawls to act as a spring.
I don't see how they couldn't use an actual spring,  even if it was just a tiny little torsion spring.

Looking through the yellow side I always thought that the white part I was seeing was just some kind of spriny plastic piece giving tension to the pawls, I figured I'd rather have springs but the whole mechanism is plastic anyways.
Never in a million years would I have guessed that what I was seeing was actually a standard rubber band.

Send the bits and bobs to me, and let me take a crack at it. I've got a stash of small springs I've gotten out of old printers and such - maybe I'll be able to get ti to function. I'll send it back to you good as new.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2020, 07:23:20 PM »

Send the bits and bobs to me, and let me take a crack at it. I've got a stash of small springs I've gotten out of old printers and such - maybe I'll be able to get ti to function. I'll send it back to you good as new.
Thanks for the offer, but I already threw it away because I did after all have to crack it open, I figured even if I was to glue it back together one fall on the shop floor would he the end of it.
Always lookin' to learn