Author Topic: Train derailment  (Read 1203 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Train derailment
« on: October 29, 2020, 03:39:03 PM »
This is not what you want to see happening in front of you as you drive down the road in Texas.  :o

<iframe width="1189" height="669" src=" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Offline highland512

Re: Train derailment
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 03:59:40 PM »
KHOU is Houston if I remember correctly, lots of nasty stuff get carried in rail cars in that part of the country. I think I would have been getting my butt out of their instead of playing with my cell phone.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 04:24:34 PM »
I guess I should have added that it happened today in Mauriceville near the Tex-LA border. I wouldn't hang around either if I saw tank cars going into the mess and getting crushed.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/train-derailment-causes-pileup-in-texas-forces-evacuations/ar-BB1awn5k?ocid=msedgntp
« Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 04:26:10 PM by DeadNutz »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 05:44:01 PM »
What little time I spent in  the petrochem plants was enough to let me know those trains are bad news. Prior to 9-11 they used to label the cars as to contents. Now its mostly a 4 digit hazmat number. Some very scary material moves by rail.

Yeah, I'd been out of there damned fast. 

Online jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 06:37:37 PM »
Yeah that dick head in front just stops. I kept waiting to see his reverse lights, what a fool.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?