Author Topic: Sometimes ordering things just plain sucks !  (Read 1508 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Sometimes ordering things just plain sucks !
« on: December 07, 2020, 09:14:44 PM »
I decided I wanted to get a portable dishwasher, and when I went looking the ones that sit on the floor were more than I thought they would be.
That's when I discovered the countertop units, which should be plenty for a single guy like me.
I found an RCA for $250 shipped from Walmart,  and right after I ordered I realized I had not bothered to look up the dimensions.
I couldn't find them on the Walmart website, so I looked and found them on the HD website.

Just my luck, it would be too tall to make the cabinet clearance  :-[ I was going to need some kind of cart.
I today I decided to just check HF while I was in town picking up my dogs ashes from the vet which is right there in the same shopping center.
The only thing they had that it would fit on is their large service cart, so for $60 I bought it.
I got it assembled and in the context of my small kitchen it's much bigger than I realized and theres no room for it  :41:

Wait there more............

I was checking the tracking number and actually found the dimensions of the thing, the one from HD looked a bit different but had the same product number so I never questioned the dimensions. ( not available anyway,  so maybe that was a previous discontinued generation)
Well it seems based on the dimensions Walmart lists it should fit on my counter after all,  now I've got a cart I don't really need that isn't all that great after all.
It feels kind of flimsy which I suppose should be expected for it's size, but I'm sure I can find some kind of use for it.

I'll know for sure when I get it but it just kind of sucks, there was nowhere around me to order in stores though so I had to order it.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
Re: Sometimes ordering things just plain sucks !
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
I can honestly say I order up way more than I purchase from brick n mortar. Ebay, kohls.com, target.com bigskytool.com amongst others.

Groceries, only because I like to pick out my apples n bananas and meat, so I just pick up the rest while I'm there. I like to go Friday night after work but that ended as they don't have checkers after 8pm so that got changed to Sunday after work. Not sure why anyone wants to check their own stuff out but hey, its a free country right? We do order up from Sprouts pretty regular and swing by and pick it up. They do an exceptional job of picking and packing it up. The wally world and Kroger leave lots to be desired on that order n pick up game. Tried the Winco but they expect a guy to sack his own groceries so that doesn't work out either. If i'm dropping $100-200 I expect some service.

Rich

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Sometimes ordering things just plain sucks !
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 06:16:19 PM »
Got the dishwasher today and it fits on my counter perfectly.

Those dimensions from HD were the dimensions of the box it came in.
Always lookin' to learn