Author Topic: How would you reupholster these stools?  (Read 1043 times)

Offline Fatty_McButterpants

How would you reupholster these stools?
« on: June 27, 2022, 06:48:55 PM »
Someone was tossing out these stools so I grabbed them. I figured if I decided not to do anything with them, I can just toss them out again. But they look to be too good to throw away without trying to give them a second life. Any suggestions on how to recover them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: How would you reupholster these stools?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 07:09:52 PM »
I've never redone a round seat, but this guy did pretty well with his second time out.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2022, 07:12:33 PM »
Well mate the world is your oyster here. Whats your fav brand of car? do you like Elvis purple velvet?
I did the inside of my safe in Leopard skin pattern just for shitts'n'giggles, still makes me smile when i open it.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Online fatfillup

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 08:38:47 AM »
I would have grabbed those stools in a heartbeat.

I recently did a half assed job on a round mechanics stool and while it wouldn't pass for nice, it is covered and fits my butt just fine. 

Bet that video would have helped me a bunch if I was looking for perfection

How would you reupholster these stools?
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2022, 05:50:28 AM »
I would have grabbed those stools in a heartbeat.

It’s shocking some of the stuff people will throw away. I was at the collection station one day and one of the workers had pulled a vintage peddle tractor out of the pile that someone had tossed. I checked eBay and every one like it was listed for $400+.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 05:58:58 AM by Fatty_McButterpants »

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2022, 06:03:17 AM »
I've never redone a round seat, but this guy did pretty well with his second time out.
My seats and that seat are different styles, mine is much taller, but I think his technique will be helpful. I wasn’t sure if I should get someone to make a cover with a seam around the top or not.

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2022, 06:24:45 AM »
Well mate the world is your oyster here. Whats your fav brand of car? do you like Elvis purple velvet?
I did the inside of my safe in Leopard skin pattern just for shitts'n'giggles, still makes me smile when i open it.
I’m a big fan of denim. I save my old jeans when they’re no longer wearable to use as patch material or any “some day” projects so I have plenty for this. If I don’t want seams, I can get 8 oz denim off Amazon for under $8 a yard.