Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 687969 times)

Offline bmwrd0

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #675 on: March 09, 2019, 08:14:19 PM »
I've been unsupervised the last few days so just cleaning up things before the wife gets back. Shop is a disaster, as per usual, so will spend tomorrow going over that.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #676 on: March 10, 2019, 03:36:36 PM »
Gee pep, at least you can see your grass. I look at the yard all I see is white stuff and it is still snowing.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #677 on: March 10, 2019, 08:33:40 PM »
Got home from the stock car races at 0300 this AM. 60+ IMCA sport mods racing for $8900 made for a fun race but a long night. Crawled out at what I thought was 0900 but its actually 10. :-[ :-[ I hate the time change.

Planted 3dozen Asparagus crowns in the garden, put out weed and feed on the yard, and sprayed the fence lines with :-\  Roundup :-\  I feel ok for now.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #678 on: March 12, 2019, 05:48:29 PM »
made some Anzac biscuits that Jabber recommended. couldn't figure out how to get the picture in a PM. So y'all all get a chance to critique it. ;D

Offline coolmercury

« Reply #679 on: March 12, 2019, 06:04:57 PM »
Looks good!  How the heck do you get a picture in a PM?????

Offline muddy

« Reply #680 on: March 12, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »
made some Anzac biscuits that Jabber recommended. couldn't figure out how to get the picture in a PM. So y'all all get a chance to critique it. ;D
Looks like a cow patty.....

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #681 on: March 12, 2019, 08:41:39 PM »

Coming from where ANZAC biscuits come from, I can tell you they are a little bit dark.

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #682 on: March 12, 2019, 09:41:09 PM »
Gang,

What exactly is an Anzac Biscuit?  Or, what is Anzac?  What all is in it?

It looks good enough to at least take a taste from what I can see.
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #683 on: March 12, 2019, 10:58:52 PM »
https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/anzac-biscuits-recipe

This is the link Jabber sent me. They're really good too. I was trying to get them crisp and may have overdid them a bit. mine are a bit darker than the picture in the recipe.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 11:00:47 PM by slip knot »

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #684 on: March 13, 2019, 02:11:02 AM »
Drove through about 15 miles of whiteout conditions to get to Reno for dinner. The wife's boss took some of us to Ruth's Chris Steak House for dinner. My ribeye Oscar style was perfect as was everybody's filet or steak except they screwed the pooch on the owner's filet. It wasn't even close to cooked properly and when he sent it back they simply cooked it more and it was still not done and the sliced pieces were overcooked. They should have made him a new one. Needless to say he let them have it and told them he eats at their places all over the country and he will never eat at Reno again as it was absolutely the worst he ever had.
They tried to make it up by bringing out a variety of desserts on the house but that was still a weak response. When a guy is picking up the tab for 10 people you might just want to make him happy.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #685 on: March 13, 2019, 08:50:35 AM »
Biscuits look good but I am a sucker for homemade food.

I ate at Ruth Chris once, it was good but not worth the $'s.  Ate at a local fine dining establishment once with similar prices and was happy.

Offline john k

« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2019, 03:52:31 PM »
Been a long winter here, but overnight and today torrential rain made the two foot of snow in my yard go down to six inches, and lots of ice.  Fields along the highway look like lakes and with frozen culverts many places ready to top the paved highway.   Folks got water in the basement due to all the frozen drifts next to their homes, the melt just can't get away.   Roads dept. watching some of the smaller rivers, bank full already.  Been cleaning in the house,  picking up in the kitchen, when that gets old, do the same in the basement.  Got some new cabinets coming  and trying to get ready.  Hope to get back to the shop soon, two cars waiting. 

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #687 on: March 13, 2019, 06:46:35 PM »
Pretty much finished emptying out the Astrovan of business stuff. And got everything crammed into the shop, but have a really good system worked out - the shop doesn't look cluttered.
With all the deadweight out of it it runs alot faster, and the ladder rack off the top means it'll now fit in the garage. Now I have to decide if I'm going to take out all the premade shelving and separating wall out of it, and really make it a passenger van. Would love to make it a "get out of Dodge" (pun intended) vehicle, but, we'll see how the spring unfolds.
Then i visited our local bicycle salvage place - in their new location. Went there once earlier, but they were just settling in. Now I can peruse all the aisles and bins. Didn't see too many old classic parts (sad), and prices are a bit higher than I remember ( double sad). But the building where they used to be located got torn down for a new business loop off of the interstate, so, they had to move. Been seeing better deals at the pawnies lately - guess alot of folks are pawning their rides.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #688 on: March 13, 2019, 07:26:14 PM »
Not much, dusted the 32 and polished the 34
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline Rural53

« Reply #689 on: March 14, 2019, 01:11:23 AM »

Or, what is Anzac? 

The Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) was a First World War army corps of the Mediterranean Expeditionary Force. It was formed in Egypt in December 1914, and operated during the Battle of Gallipoli. It comprised troops from the First Australian Imperial Force and 1st New Zealand Expeditionary Force.

ANZAC is now a generic term that means Australia and New Zealand (and a whole lot more).

If you want a laugh, and some more insight into the term have a look here.

Edit: Anzac, Alberta is named for this army corp.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 01:15:20 AM by Rural53 »