Author Topic: what did you do today?  (Read 688016 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: what did you do today?
« Reply #690 on: March 15, 2019, 06:30:35 PM »
Marshaling at Round 5 of the National 4wd Trials Championship.

(And some cows for Muddy)

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk

Offline Rural53

« Reply #691 on: March 15, 2019, 09:57:39 PM »
What they look like when they've been through a swamp stage.

Basic A class. Suzuki SJ13, still on leaf springs and no cutter brakes.

Sent from my SM-A510Y using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 10:07:31 PM by Rural53 »

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #692 on: March 15, 2019, 11:37:34 PM »
What they look like when they've been through a swamp stage.

Basic A class. Suzuki SJ13, still on leaf springs and no cutter brakes.

Missed a couple spots.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #693 on: March 16, 2019, 09:05:22 AM »
made some Anzac biscuits that Jabber recommended. couldn't figure out how to get the picture in a PM. So y'all all get a chance to critique it. ;D

Maybe take a picture before you ate it ?

Not saying anymore

O0 pep

1776 ................... what happened!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #694 on: March 17, 2019, 10:11:07 PM »
Temps finally got above 60 so I fired up the BBQ and cooked some chicken. I also hauled firewood up to fill the rack in the garage since we are supposed to get some rain Wednesday.

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #695 on: March 18, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »
It was sunny and almost 70 yesterday, so me and to old man went and cut the 4th heaped pickup load of oak on the year. A friend of mine let us come cut on 160 ac he is doing the clearing on for a vineyard. It is a pleasant chunk of land on top of a local hill. Spent 3 hrs there and didn't see anyone but the birds and squirrels. After that load was added to his hoard, they should be set with firewood for the next couple or 3 yrs. He'd much rather have it rot in the pile than be short.

Went on saturday and bought a new to me jalopy for commuting as the old passat is getting worn out. It has 195k. Needs a timing belt, leaks/burns fluids at an annoying rate, and the clutch is about gone. Time to send it away.

I really like the feel/layout/handling of kraut cars, so I sprung for one of a slightly different flavor. I'm sure GF is gonna let me have it for buying complicated, over-engineered, hard to work on, and expensive Euro junk lol.

2011 BWM 328i 3.0 straight six, 6spd, low options, and 38k mi 2 owner for a bit under $10k. It belonged to a PDX city planner who is moving to Barcelona. My hillbilly arse was a little out of place in the big city looking at a snob-mobile. But I made the deal. In my mind, it's just a car. Drive it, thrash it, fix it, buy another when it's shot. No big deal; they make more every single day.

Greyson

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #696 on: March 18, 2019, 12:23:33 PM »
^^^^^^^^At 38,000 miles, you should be good for a while but when the gremlins start showing up, I'd be on the lookout for another.

Seems like a very good deal for $10K

Offline john k

« Reply #697 on: March 18, 2019, 01:48:55 PM »
was in Omaha, aka as pot hole city,  really rough winter here and them holes are terrible and deep.  City even hired contractors to tackle the worst ones.  Got to weave all over the street to miss them,.Saw 4 cars changing tires, as they probably did not weave enough.  Know a lady with a ford edge,  hit a pot hole, ruined the wheel,  bent the lower control arm,  they fixed that,   but had to tow it back to the shop as the left half shaft tip snapped off.   The piece is lost in the transaxle,  so she is waiting for the third and hopefully correct  transaxle to show up.    Ford in their wisdom used 4 diferent transaxles in that model.   Also Interstate 29 is closed due to flooding, south to Kansas City.   So the freight truck is probably held up.    Also can't leave Omaha to the west as the Platte River is out of its banks, and covering a half dozen major highways.   Up north of me,  highways are closed,  3 highway bridges are washed away,  10 towns suffering from high water.  farmland all over underwater,  over a million acres.     Loss to livestock is terrible.    We had two feet of snow everywhere,  warm temps, and 2  inches of rain in 36 hours  was just too much to run off as normal.   I am high and dry,  and got plenty of groeries.   Come on Spring

Offline gtermini

« Reply #698 on: March 18, 2019, 02:10:59 PM »
That's some wicked flooding you guys in the middle are getting. It's amazing how much unstoppable power the rivers have when they cut loose. Hope it drys out soon.

I couldn't believe what it did to this dam in no time flat. I've been along there in the mid summer and it seemed like a average river.

Greyson

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #699 on: March 18, 2019, 10:22:35 PM »
The bickies look good . I like them that color damn tasty.
The real WTF is lord Greystoke in a Beemer :-\
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline gtermini

« Reply #700 on: March 18, 2019, 11:14:20 PM »
The real WTF is lord Greystoke in a Beemer :-\

One of the neighbors already came over and asked who was visiting. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I'm not questioning my sanity yet....

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #701 on: March 21, 2019, 09:45:01 AM »
Woke up and turned on the news and the TV said signal loss which means one thing. I look outside and it is snowing. Welcome to spring in Nevada. ::)

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #702 on: March 21, 2019, 10:10:43 AM »
Woke up and turned on the news and the TV said signal loss which means one thing. I look outside and it is snowing. Welcome to spring in Nevada. ::)

Not a welcome sign, that's for sure. It cold and rainy here in DC, but I'll take the rain over snow any day. 

Offline muddy

« Reply #703 on: March 21, 2019, 11:08:52 AM »
Been pretty steady rain here too.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Offline Papaw

• Old Wrench Freak
    • Papawswrench
« Reply #704 on: March 22, 2019, 12:23:31 PM »
I hate to hear about all the flooding and snowing you guys are getting.

That said- here are some Spring pictures to cheer you up-

Amaryillis and Bluebonnets on Jack Street by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Rhododendrons - Autumn Twist by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Roseate Spoonbill by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr

Single Lily w Grass by Noel Hankamer, on Flickr
Owner and Administrator of Tool Talk