Author Topic: Damn 22LR ammo hoarders are still out there - idiots!  (Read 275 times)

Offline highland512

Re: Damn 22LR ammo hoarders are still out there - idiots!
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 07:57:32 AM »
I bought a couple of cases when they had the $20 rebates. I'm set for a long time now.

I carried a Marlin Glenfield in the truck till the hogs got bad around here. it thrived on cheap ammo. The only time it gave me problems was when I cleaned it. Then it would FTF, stovepipe rounds, misfeed rounds etc. So I just quit cleaning it ;D

What do you carry now? I had a 30-30 for hog patrol when I was in La.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2019, 07:15:30 PM »
I started out with a 30-30 then went to a beatup ADL in 3006. but got tired of hauling off carcass' so I started using the SKS and now its the AR. the little bullets don't drop them on the spot so I don't have to dispose of them. I haven't had any hogs in the hayfield since the guys behind me started selling day hunts t the oilfield guys. They must have chased them all out of the river bottom. I don't hardly see any around down there now.

Offline GNAP

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2019, 08:04:30 PM »
F* them guys. I don't mind if your a shooter and stock pile up because you will use them. But I don't care for resellers like that.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

I shoot 4-5 times a week, only 22LR, usually 2000-3000 rounds a week,  so the 35k+ I have is okay??
jack

Offline muddy

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2019, 08:09:58 PM »
F* them guys. I don't mind if your a shooter and stock pile up because you will use them. But I don't care for resellers like that.

I shoot 4-5 times a week, only 22LR, usually 2000-3000 rounds a week,  so the 35k+ I have is okay??
Would love to have that much free time to shoot!

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2019, 08:46:51 PM »
I could go through that much ammo if I had bought one of these when I had the chance.

https://binged.it/2HhL5hB

Offline GNAP

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2019, 10:03:18 AM »
Iím going through that much ammo, using Ruger Precision Rimfire, with is a bolt action, using the 10/22 style 10 shot rotary mags.
jack

Offline highland512

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2019, 10:44:28 AM »
I started out with a 30-30 then went to a beatup ADL in 3006. but got tired of hauling off carcass' so I started using the SKS and now its the AR. the little bullets don't drop them on the spot so I don't have to dispose of them. I haven't had any hogs in the hayfield since the guys behind me started selling day hunts t the oilfield guys. They must have chased them all out of the river bottom. I don't hardly see any around down there now.

We had several running around where we lived in La, which I found odd since we where pretty urban. I talked to the neighbors and they where cool with me "removing" them from the area. Nasty little bastards.