Author Topic: So frustrated with the police  (Read 422 times)

Offline m_fumich

Re: So frustrated with the police
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »
Iím finally getting info from the police. At first they said they didnít know he had a vehicle at the motel but the motel said his truck was towed the day he was found. After that, the police confirmed they did tow his truck. Iíve got to call the motel tomorrow to speak to the manager to find out about the stuff from his room. The medical examiner confirmed the police have his pistol. The motel clerk I spoke to said he was found sitting in a chair in his room holding his pistol. The only think thatís been consistent from all sources is that he died of natural causes. The Sgt in charge of the investigation said he has no next of kin that they can verify. We will see where things go from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2019, 12:59:28 PM »
Any new developments?
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2019, 01:44:13 PM »
Nothing concrete. I was told that Brianís possessions will probably be sold and the probate lawyer will get to keep the money.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 05:46:12 PM »
Itís been 30 days since Bryan died so the ME called me to say they can release his body. There were suggestion that Bryan had committed suicide. He was found in a chair in his room with his pistol in his hand. I know he liked handling his gun so I considered the possibility that he was just holding it when he fell asleep and he died in his sleep. When I specifically asked about cause of death, they said it was ruled a suicide. Bryan died from a self inflicted gunshot wound. Now Iím left with a lot of questions that will never be answered.

My wife found a funeral home that will cremate him for around $700. I just have to decide on an appropriate place to scatter his ashes.

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 12:44:31 AM »
We started a GoFundMe. The exact cost of the cremation is $800 but that doesnít include the cost of a death certificate. Weíre also going to submit Bryanís DNA to ď23 and MeĒ to see if we can find any relatives. We hit our goal in less than 24 hours thanks to my wifeís friends. No one that donated ever knew who Bryan was before his death.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 06:34:49 PM »
That's a nice end.
Is the need enough? or does the want suffice?

Offline mrbill

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2019, 07:33:43 PM »
Matt,

I hope that when I pass I am lucky enough to have someone who has the same level of compassion you have shown for your friend Bryan.  You've given us all a lesson in how to do the right thing.  My hat is off to you.

Regards,

Bill

Offline m_fumich

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2019, 09:40:31 PM »
Thanks Bill.

Offline Rewind

• Howdy Folks!
« Reply #23 on: Today at 01:20:42 PM »
Apparently Brian had some troubles, but I'm sure you were one of the bright spots in his life. I'm glad he had a friend like you.
Hanging in, Hanging on, Hanging out!