Author Topic: Evaluating my main 1/4 set  (Read 327 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Evaluating my main 1/4 set
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2019, 04:55:49 PM »
My prediction is this - next year you'll need a bigger box as you will be buying more stuff you think you need. Been there , done that.  And your on a tool collector site. It's like AA here. More like TA. Someone needs to make up a 12 step book to help us out.   :))
I like small stuff, so unless I can find a kra65 at a price I can afford then I don't imagine myself needing anything else for a stand-alone 1/4 set like this.

It is definitely a slippery slope between this box for my main set to upgrading to a kra65 and using this box for a secondary 1/4 set.
Just thinking about what my main 1/4 set was before getting the Mac mc1 and this current set is a big step up, so you're not exactly crazy.
I've got this thing pretty packed, but I know if I get something else just to give the tools a little more " elbow room " I'd just pack that set.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 06:07:37 PM »
Well I got a couple packages in the mail today.
One being the little Proto 4" adjustable from Ken, the other being my 9/16 socket.

It turns out the seller accidentally sent me a 3/8"drive socket so I messaged them and they're going to send me the right one.
I was worried i would have to deal with the hassle of returning a $6 item, they're a highly rated seller who's been with eBay since 2002 so I decided to give them the botd instead of going straight to a negative review and I'm glad I did.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2019, 01:06:51 PM »
My set now includes 14-6mm, and 9/16-1/4, I don't actually remember ever using the 5.5 , 5, and 4 so the swap for the 9/16 was probably a good choice.

And that 4" adjustable has already come in handy once since adding it.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2019, 02:25:29 PM »
That's a nice set up.  Easy to grab and go to whatever needs fixes

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2019, 03:39:43 PM »
That's a nice set up.  Easy to grab and go to whatever needs fixes
For many small things It has proven to be, and I'm white proud of it.