Author Topic: Gonna need a bigger cart  (Read 7948 times)

Offline DeadNutz

Re: Gonna need a bigger cart
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 03:34:32 PM »
The wife asked me last night at dinner if I wanted a 72" HF roller. I told her no way as I wouldn't be able to move it around like I can the 6 smaller rollers I have. I do appreciate her asking though. ;D

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 04:23:20 PM »
I'm with you on the size of the roller DN. I do plan to build an entire stationary workbench in a corner "L" configuration by incorporating the six or eight of the HF 26" roller cabinets (without the rollers attached) Those rollers have a great shallow drawer configuration and will hold a lot of stuff when configured that way.  It will also be much cheaper than similar LISTA offerings.

Offline ken w.

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 09:33:45 PM »
I do plan on getting the HF 72" roller and putting a piece of bowling lane on top for a work bench. I got rid of 3 26" 3 piece sets to make room in my garage.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2019, 03:45:06 AM »
Has anyone seen these yet?
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline Jamesyarbrough

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2019, 12:27:37 PM »
So here's my cart with every tool I regularly use. My main box has everything else I need but this is where I first go look....

Mybe you need a 72 inch cart.  :))

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2019, 06:01:10 AM »
I'm with you on the size of the roller DN. I do plan to build an entire stationary workbench in a corner "L" configuration by incorporating the six or eight of the HF 26" roller cabinets (without the rollers attached) Those rollers have a great shallow drawer configuration and will hold a lot of stuff when configured that way.  It will also be much cheaper than similar LISTA offerings.

Ray, that sounds interesting. How would the corner work. I may be moving in the next year or so.
MAGA

Online goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2019, 07:41:11 AM »

Ray, that sounds interesting. How would the corner work. I may be moving in the next year or so.

Still working on that one Bob. There are commercial corner "Lazy Susan" cabinets that many work as a rotating storage option, or I may just intersect with a drill press in the corner. Not sue yet, but I've been looking at options. We are planning on moving as well, and have been actively looking for property.

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2019, 05:55:42 PM »
I’m looking at 3 car garages with an attached house.
My son is moving also and is looking at this stuff.
MAGA

Offline lauver

• Proto Bet'R Grip Whore
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2020, 12:23:21 AM »
Crispy,

Are the drawers full too?  If not, your cart could be top heavy and unstable when moved.

Another thought.  I may be strange, but I like to keep the top till of my cart pretty open (i.e. go-to screwdrivers, a  few smallish prybars and two rails of metric sockets.  The till is where I work on things.

Also, I like to keep the overall tool complement to a bare minimum; nothing but go-to, absolutely essential, tools.

The bottom tray is pretty much liquids (grease & grease gun, brake fluid, motor oil, atf, w/w fluid, coolant, and a few spray cans assorted cleaners & penetrants).

This strategy keeps my cart easily mobile and very stable.

Of course, everybody has different cart strategies.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 12:53:24 PM by lauver »
When my wife leaves me, my dog dies, and they repossess my home, I'll still have my tools.