Author Topic: Puma Compressor  (Read 15091 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Puma Compressor
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2018, 08:51:26 AM »
Cheapest I have been able to find this model, $975

https://www.aircompressorsdirect.com/Puma-PK6560V-Air-Compressor/p592.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwtvnbBRA5EiwAcRvnpmrQOZhlSwkhxkaZCaD0nLuSM4t4OzXRAvZgCesNkj3TnvOMzx4QMxoCAYMQAvD_BwE

Just offered $100 well see what happens. He was pissy about the offer but I think its more than fair considering.

Probably that 3 jug head that would give greater CFM output behind the cost if I was guessing.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2018, 09:25:57 AM »
if you can get into the parts cheap i think it is  worth way more than 100. the only external moving parts to get damaged are the pump and motor. if the pulleys are undamaged  and run straight when you spin there is nothing else that can't be easily replaced to make it whole again. i would bet most of it off the shelf locally as well. i think you would be safe being at theat 500 or less with parts and unit total. whether it is 100/400 or 250/250 really doesn't matter.

i would imagine it looks pretty decent or you would have already walked and walked fast away from it.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline highland512

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2018, 09:46:37 AM »
if you can get into the parts cheap i think it is  worth way more than 100. the only external moving parts to get damaged are the pump and motor. if the pulleys are undamaged  and run straight when you spin there is nothing else that can't be easily replaced to make it whole again. i would bet most of it off the shelf locally as well. i think you would be safe being at theat 500 or less with parts and unit total. whether it is 100/400 or 250/250 really doesn't matter.

i would imagine it looks pretty decent or you would have already walked and walked fast away from it.

From 10' it looks like a diamond in a goats ass.

I have sent a msg to puma, hopefully they reply quick. The jug head is the only thing I think I would have to source from them. We shale see what the counter offer is.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 02:38:00 PM by highland512 »

Offline highland512

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2018, 02:38:24 PM »
Update: Puma replied, and the replacement parts only totaled $60. Now this is much more interesting prospect with those low parts costs.