General Category > PHOTOS OF GENERAL INTEREST (NOT TOOLS OR SHOP RELATED)

A Cherished Potato Masher...

<< < (2/2)

john k:
Great, thank you

stokester:
Isn't it funny how seemingly irrelevant items from the past bring up memories of younger days.

Not to hijack this thread but mine is a sharpening steel with a marking of Russell Green River Works.  I remember my late Father, gone 30 years now, using it every time he grabbed a non-serrated knife to put an edge on it.  When my Mother gave it to me she said that Dad remembered my Grandfather using it regularly as well.

oldcarguy:

--- Quote from: stokester on March 25, 2024, 03:16:39 PM ---Isn't it funny how seemingly irrelevant items from the past bring up memories of younger days.

Not to hijack this thread but mine is a sharpening steel with a marking of Russell Green River Works.  I remember my late Father, gone 30 years now, using it every time he grabbed a non-serrated knife to put an edge on it.  When my Mother gave it to me she said that Dad remembered my Grandfather using it regularly as well.

--- End quote ---

Simply priceless. With a metal loop on the end for easy hanging it up. And always at hand for the next use.   

oldcarguy:
Successfully returned the old masher to work today. I pealed and boiled a pot of potatoes, half Red's and half Yukon Golds.

Strained the water off

Mashed them.. The curly worm shaped potatoes brought back my childhood memories

OldCarGuy's smashed potatoes accompanied by a thick pork chop grilled golden brown on the grille. Some buttered cooked whole baby carrots and peas. With a side dish of homemade coleslaw and some freshly cut pineapple with grapes. And to wash it down,, fresh squeezed lemonade..

My two puppies enjoyed the dinner with the bones...

slip knot:
Those pork chops look good.

Growing up, we always had rice with everything. Too many summers spent with my cajun grandma :-* porkchops rice and gravy is still one of my favorites. I married a German girl and potatoes soon became a staple around here.  I've been known to have rice and potatoes with my porkchops now :lol_hitting:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version