Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 181150 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #1065 on: March 10, 2023, 07:19:50 PM »

I bought this little rotary tool from HF to use in conjunction with my Dremel 4000.
I can put the 4000 in the " work station  " drill press attachment for it, in the 90° position and use this little tool to polish...ect on a small item spinning in the dremel.
I have been making teeny tiny miniature brass spinning tops lately and this will definitely help in making them.

Some of the genuine dremel bits...ect are definitely better but I burn through them all pretty quickly so I'm perfectly happy with the inexpensive off brand stuff.
Especially considering how much you get for the money.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #1066 on: March 12, 2023, 04:50:11 PM »
Courtesy of ebay i recieved these yesterday pretty grimy but with the power of fast orange and awesome i have cleaned them up.... Love me some green tools

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #1067 on: March 14, 2023, 09:00:57 PM »
A tool?
Well, maybe...............................

After my boss/employer/friend passed in August of 2020, it was shortly after I was asked to move in and help with the estate and take care of the cat.  Well, after all this time, I bought a bed (tired of sleeping on the floor).

Both a tool and not a tool.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1068 on: March 15, 2023, 07:02:02 PM »
So about a month or 6 weeks ago, I pulled the axel on the 32. Had a slight run out, however, which bugged me.

Long story short after getting the part second try, Dutchman got the job done. Noticed adjuster teeth were very worn, almost smooth, no way would have been working. Replaced perfect, throw the wheel on, and move over to the passenger side.

Saturday morning was expected to be driving the truck, noonish.

Murphy had a better idea, the drum is stuck, exhausting all ideas. Ordered a puller, the drum is 13"s.

Not a huge selection, about 3 - 4 Amazon does it again.

Highly recommend this puller heavy-duty in every way, with grade 8 drive bolt 7/8 thread 1- 1/4  drive.

« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 07:13:41 PM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1069 on: March 15, 2023, 07:20:10 PM »
 Oh boy, you're going to have some fun with that.... get a cheap lazy susan and spin the model as you paint.

Not really a tool. But picked up this airbrush and compressor kit from HF. I know it's not the greatest out there, but it'll get my foot in the door and some practice under my belt.

ginger girl names

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1070 on: March 16, 2023, 11:09:57 PM »
So about a month or 6 weeks ago, I pulled the axel on the 32. Had a slight run out, however, which bugged me.

Long story short after getting the part second try, Dutchman got the job done. Noticed adjuster teeth were very worn, almost smooth, no way would have been working. Replaced perfect, throw the wheel on, and move over to the passenger side.

Murphy had a better idea, the drum is stuck, exhausting all ideas. Ordered a puller, the drum is 13"s.

Highly recommend this puller heavy-duty in every way, with grade 8 drive bolt 7/8 thread 1- 1/4  drive.

Looks great! I have been there myself a time or two and a puller like that is one of the few options that will work.

I am sure you ground the heads off of the spring pins on the back side of the backing plate first didn't you.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1071 on: March 17, 2023, 06:55:26 AM »
Did not, fairly confident it is the center boss of the axel drum flange that is the interference, I'll know Saturday.

Looks great! I have been there myself a time or two and a puller like that is one of the few options that will work.

I am sure you ground the heads off of the spring pins on the back side of the backing plate first didn't you.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 04:13:09 PM by pep »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1072 on: March 17, 2023, 09:25:49 AM »
In my younger days I used to airbrush. Mostly album covers onto T-shirts. I think the brand of brush I used was Paasche.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #1073 on: March 17, 2023, 10:52:32 AM »
Bman, didn't know you were an Artist

Any pics of your work?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #1074 on: March 17, 2023, 02:55:01 PM »
Bman, didn't know you were an Artist

Any pics of your work?

No, I took pictures of some of my work but back then it was with a Polaroid One Step camera (that dates me!). Nothing in digital format to post.

I still dabble. Much more into restore work these days.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1075 on: March 17, 2023, 04:14:21 PM »
 New to me a gift....I'll clean it and see what I can find out about it.  Stout, and leak-free the label does not look hopeful, there is a number cast into the base see where it leads me.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2023, 10:36:31 PM by pep »

Offline john k

« Reply #1076 on: March 18, 2023, 04:56:52 PM »
Craftsman double box end, 7/8 x 13/16, on the reverse,  X chrome vanadium steel  5,  all stamped, not cast, never polished.   War-time use maybe?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:49:28 AM by john k »

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #1077 on: March 18, 2023, 06:08:05 PM »
 The jack turns out to be 20 ton, US made

And still produced,

https://usatoolsupply.com/product/us-jack-d-51126-20-ton-bottle-jack-made-in-usa/
and pricy

Used the puller today, 2 turns of the drive bolt popped right off.  Measured the center hole undersized corrected same, all good.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:12:51 PM by pep »

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1078 on: March 18, 2023, 08:37:33 PM »
Craftsman double box end, 7/8 x 13/16, on the reverse,  X chrome vanadium steel  5,  all stamped, not cast, never polished.   War-time use maybe?

Never seen an old Cman wrench that looks like that. Stamping makes me think Duro.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #1079 on: March 18, 2023, 08:45:16 PM »
The jack turns out to be 20 ton, US made

And still produced,

https://usatoolsupply.com/product/us-jack-d-51126-20-ton-bottle-jack-made-in-usa/
and pricy

Used the puller today, 2 turns of the drive bolt popped right off.  Measured the center hole undersized corrected same, all good.

I bet that made ya feel good!