Author Topic: Bonney tool comparisons  (Read 14771 times)

Offline PowderKeg

Re: Bonney tool comparisons
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2018, 07:55:09 PM »
Thanks B-man for pointing out the angle of the Barcalo broaching as I never gave much thought to the scooped box ends. Here is a shot of a Barcalo made but Crescent branded 15/16" combo. I have a small Barcalo 6pt combo done the same way. I think it gives the box end a cleaner look with the angled broaching.

I took an instant like to that design as soon as I found one years ago - been slowly putting together mixed brand sets of combos and dbl boxes.

Offline bonneyman

Re: Bonney tool comparisons
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2018, 10:07:59 PM »
Thanks B-man for pointing out the angle of the Barcalo broaching as I never gave much thought to the scooped box ends. Here is a shot of a Barcalo made but Crescent branded 15/16" combo. I have a small Barcalo 6pt combo done the same way. I think it gives the box end a cleaner look with the angled broaching.

I took an instant like to that design as soon as I found one years ago - been slowly putting together mixed brand sets of combos and dbl boxes.

Me too. You can't get deep and really deep offsets with the design but for 10-15 deg the flat shank and tapered box bottom edge is appealing!