Author Topic: Georgia beginning to open back up for business  (Read 14114 times)

Offline Rural53

Re: Georgia beginning to open back up for business
« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2020, 11:12:10 PM »
:-[  And I voted for this wimp, because "he was not as bad as the Dem nominee".

It doesn't matter who you vote for, a damn politician will always win!!  :banghead:

EDIT for picture

Offline walrus

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2020, 04:57:14 AM »
The numbers keep going up, and we've BEEN on lockdown. So obviously it's not working. .
WHats obviously not working and how do you know it wouldn't be worse than it is?  One thing seems clear to me, Covid 19 is highly contagious.

Offline walrus

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2020, 05:02:20 AM »

These are latest stats, looks like less than 99% survival to me.
United States
Confirmed
1.06M
Recovered
Deaths
WorldwideWorldwide
Confirmed
3.19M
Recovered
Deaths
« Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 05:06:54 AM by walrus »

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2020, 10:34:04 AM »
The numbers keep going up, and we've BEEN on lockdown. So obviously it's not working. .
WHats obviously not working and how do you know it wouldn't be worse than it is?  One thing seems clear to me, Covid 19 is highly contagious.

I can't tell anything about this virus. Really. Almost every day the information we get is contradictory and confusing. From experts so-called. They don't really know, so they're throwing everything against the wall hoping something will stick.

Look, I'm a big boy. I can make my own decisions and assess my own risks. I don't need the gov telling me what to do "for my safety". My safety is ultimately my responsibility. If people feel unsafe or at risk, then stay home. The rest of us would like to get back to life. Because - unlike the politicians - I don't get paid when I don't work.

Offline walrus

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2020, 10:38:20 AM »

I can't tell anything about this virus. Really. Almost every day the information we get is contradictory and confusing. From experts so-called. They don't really know, so they're throwing everything against the wall hoping something will stick.

Look, I'm a big boy. I can make my own decisions and assess my own risks. I don't need the gov telling me what to do "for my safety". My safety is ultimately my responsibility. If people feel unsafe or at risk, then stay home. The rest of us would like to get back to life. Because - unlike the politicians - I don't get paid when I don't work.
In Maine a hvac tech is considered essential so they are working. Is that different in Arizona?  Im working everyday as Im considered essential as an electrician and a gas pump guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2020, 02:24:23 PM »

In Maine a hvac tech is considered essential so they are working. Is that different in Arizona?  Im working everyday as Im considered essential as an electrician and a gas pump guy.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I don't do HVAC anymore - more of a handyman these days.

With my reduced schedule I might be able to pick up a job at one of the places that are trying to get their former employees back but they are making more money not working so won't return. Actually went back to the hardware store but they're full up.

Offline walrus

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2020, 03:42:05 PM »
I know its CNN and not Fox but interesting how So Korea attacked Covid

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/opinions/eye-opening-south-korea-study-on-covid-19-sepkowitz/index.html

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2020, 07:05:56 AM »
I know its CNN and not Fox but interesting how So Korea attacked Covid

https://www.cnn.com/2020/04/30/opinions/eye-opening-south-korea-study-on-covid-19-sepkowitz/index.html

Yeah, like CNN has a leg to stand on for truthfulness.   :))

The last part is pretty telling, the author tries to give the impression that opening back up has no stipulations when the reality is there's all sorts of practices that are required such as social distancing, constant sanitizing, etc.

boop/bop/beep

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2020, 08:51:54 PM »
We just got extended till the end of May.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

• Ran when parked
« Reply #39 on: May 02, 2020, 07:31:07 AM »
We just got extended till the end of May.

How much do you want to bet you'll be extended again around the 25th or so?
boop/bop/beep

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2020, 10:41:36 AM »
We`re already out till the 30th. I sure hope this is purely a sanitary move and not political.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2020, 12:54:09 PM »
We`re already out till the 30th. I sure hope this is purely a sanitary move and not political.

I doubt it's apolitical. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is loud and clear. They couldn't take Trump out with voter fraud, Russian collusion, the meuller report, or impeachment. The only way to get rid of Trump is an economic collapse. So, with enforced business closures and extensions until November as their only hope, you can be sure many states won't see the light of day until then. If Americans permit it.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2020, 08:29:38 PM »

I doubt it's apolitical. "Never let a crisis go to waste" is loud and clear. They couldn't take Trump out with voter fraud, Russian collusion, the meuller report, or impeachment. The only way to get rid of Trump is an economic collapse. So, with enforced business closures and extensions until November as their only hope, you can be sure many states won't see the light of day until then. If Americans permit it.

Bingo.  It's quite clear the media has the worst case of TDS.
boop/bop/beep

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
1776 ................... what happened!

• Ran when parked
« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2020, 11:51:45 PM »
enjoy

What was that, Pep?  The man has already removed it.
boop/bop/beep