Author Topic: New Welder  (Read 5188 times)

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
Re: New Welder
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2021, 06:21:24 AM »
Want to protect the deck,  “spar varnish”, Miami Fl ocean tested.  The van rear bumper, needs a mud flap, think  motor.

Must agree with snaggletooth it will bounce, track is narrow.

I like the build see challenges ahead. A motorcycle & trailer is a bitch to see backing my pick up. Cannot begin to think about doing the same behind a van..
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline GNAP

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2021, 03:47:41 PM »
I finished up the welding trailer/welder today,

1 - welded all four corners of the trailer
2 - mounted the folding/jacking wheel assembly to trailer tongue
3 - mounted the spare tire on the custom under deck tire bracket I made
4 - finished up the tire lock/anti-theft device

So the only thing I’m missing is the ballistic nylon cover for the welder, it will be here next week
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 04:11:18 PM by GNAP »
jack

Offline GNAP

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2021, 03:55:47 PM »
I have sent photos and an email to the NYS DMV, seeking clarification if I need to license the trailer, or as it’s undersized and welder specific, if it’s insured, is it okay to run as is, should hear back by Tuesday.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2021, 08:25:28 PM by GNAP »
jack

Offline john k

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2021, 05:51:15 PM »
Have driven umpteen pickup trucks with the integral backup camera, can wholeheartedly suggest getting one for the van.   Hook a switch to power it on, rather than in just reverse, hooking up, and peace of mind going down the road will be greatly improved.  As was suggested put one or two bicycle flags on the corners just to let you know it is still back there.  It sure is looking good.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2021, 06:12:34 PM »
Wheel lock is a good idea. just dont forget to take it off before flight. BTDT. Those small trailers are not really noticeable if the tires locked up. and it leaves a streak of shame out the driveway..  :-[