Author Topic: Asking for prayers  (Read 3027 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: Asking for prayers
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2021, 09:33:13 PM »
I dont know your moms prognosis but will relate a story about my moms fight.

When my moms cancer was found it was already terminal. she was given 6 months without chemo and a year with chemo. of course she jumped at the chemo for that precious time. In retrospect she should have passed on the chemo. every week she got a treatment she would be terribly sick for several days. Delusional at times. She had to endure countless Dr's visits and blood draws and days spent at the infusion center. I did get to spend a lot of time with her but it wasn't quality time. In the end we really only had her for 6 months, the other 6 were wasted on all the chemo hoops.

Afterwards I was pretty hard on myself and blamed myself for encouraging her to fight it. I felt that i was just prolonging her pain. Took a while to get past that. I realize now that it was the best decision I could make with the knowledge that I had at the time.

I've been down this road before, PM me if you have questions or just need to talk.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2021, 08:51:31 PM »
Its tough seeing a loved one suffer and knowing there's nothing you can do to fix it. Not knowing what to do is perfectly normal for that situation. Sometimes just being there is all we can do.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2021, 08:45:40 PM »
Thanks for the update, prayers offeted up.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2021, 04:42:33 PM »
Praying for successful surgery and a quick recovery