Author Topic: Needing some Snappy drawer slides - KRL661 roll cab  (Read 1369 times)

Offline oldnslo

Needing some Snappy drawer slides - KRL661 roll cab
« on: December 18, 2022, 07:53:20 PM »
I picked up my first Snap-On roll cab, its all there, but some sliders will need a good cleaning (I hope) and others have exploded, leaving ball bearings scattered from here to Paducah. Pic attached (of the same unit, but not mine). Mine is generally in good shape, no dings, some minor pavement wear on the rollers, and nothing is bent. All the drawers were nicely lined with heavy matting, I removed a few owner decals, and the finish is pretty pristine.

I'll spend this week assessing the needed parts, and am hoping there are alternatives to the Snappy price where I was shocked while browsing slider prices (I dont have the part numbers yet). I see Master McCarr has similar slides so that might be an option. From a quick assessment, there are two slider types being used, all with retained ball bearings.

Got any alternative slider sources?

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Needing some Snappy drawer slides - KRL661 roll cab
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2022, 06:47:52 PM »
That is a great looking roller, count me envious!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2022, 07:57:25 AM »
Well, after a good cleaning (and straightening the salvageable ones) , I definitely need 2 sets of sliders and at $111 per set they are pretty spendy, and proprietary to SO. Go figure. I've searched pretty hard for used, and other sources for the needed part number and only wound up with one website (clearly a scam site) that had them. Sheesh I hate scam websites.

Does anyone have a SO connection that sells at a discount? Please post here, or send a PM please.

Thanks!

(and thanks Uncle Buck for the note of appreciation).

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2022, 01:09:45 PM »
Well, after a good cleaning (and straightening the salvageable ones) , I definitely need 2 sets of sliders and at $111 per set they are pretty spendy, and proprietary to SO. Go figure. I've searched pretty hard for used, and other sources for the needed part number and only wound up with one website (clearly a scam site) that had them. Sheesh I hate scam websites.

Does anyone have a SO connection that sells at a discount? Please post here, or send a PM please.

Thanks!

(and thanks Uncle Buck for the note of appreciation).

Call Snap On Customer Service, tell them you need to warranty some slides, give them the box #, KR 661, and which drawers they are.  If they ask if you're the original owner of the box, tell them yes.  They'll send them free of charge.
boop/bop/beep

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2022, 02:31:11 PM »
Thanks, my first call was to S/O, and I was open with them on that ownership question as I gathered part numbers and pricing. I may wait a month and then answer yes when calling again.

:smiley_confused1: