Author Topic: Post all of your latest tool buys here  (Read 183643 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Post all of your latest tool buys here
« Reply #1245 on: March 07, 2024, 03:48:06 PM »
I was at HD buying some sanding disks and found this Ryobi work light for $30.

After some testing I'm not particularly impressed with it.
280 lumens is adequate and a max 22hour runtime is good, but the led and beam quality aren't great and i think I'd rather have more flood than spot.
I was expecting more of a work light not an oversized flashlight that falls short of even the AAA flashlight in my pocket.
Maybe in time It'll prove to be just fine, but I have so many good quality flashlights and this just doesn't compare to them.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 03:50:58 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1246 on: March 07, 2024, 09:16:28 PM »
Found this great bore brush set on Amazon for $20. Steel, Brass, and Plastic brushes make cleaning caliper slide bolt bores a breeze to service. My old set was pretty worn out and many pieces were already discarded over the years.

The wife's Traverse needs new brakes and this will do just fine.

PS  -- I have no idea why the pic is rotated. The original image is correct, but the uploaded image posts as rotated --- weird!!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2024, 09:23:40 PM by goodfellow »

Offline muddy

« Reply #1247 on: March 07, 2024, 09:52:16 PM »
Found this great bore brush set on Amazon for $20. Steel, Brass, and Plastic brushes make cleaning caliper slide bolt bores a breeze to service. My old set was pretty worn out and many pieces were already discarded over the years.

PS  -- I have no idea why the pic is rotated. The original image is correct, but the uploaded image posts as rotated --- weird!!
Great looking kit Ray! Have a link for that one?

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #1248 on: March 08, 2024, 05:50:41 AM »

Great looking kit Ray! Have a link for that one?

Sent from my twisted mind of the mudman

Here you go Tim -

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C49GWHP1?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #1249 on: March 23, 2024, 05:37:54 PM »
I went to HF after work today and bought the USG 15"  end cabinet which I wanted to mount onto the side of my 5 drawer cart.

I wanted the orange one but they only had black and I don't go there very often so I just bought the black one.

If you were okay with it sticking out the front you'd only need to cut one notch for the front corner of the lid, but since I wanted the front even it required a notch at the very front corner and I had to cut off a section of the lip in back to clear the lid ( not necessary if you removed then reattached the lid )

I also took the stupid plastic latches out be they're very hard to operate and make the drawers extremely difficult to open, thankfully they just pop right out.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 05:40:52 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn