Author Topic: gas station stuff  (Read 7557 times)

Offline john k

gas station stuff
« on: August 29, 2018, 12:51:05 AM »
Today I stopped in the big antique mall in Omaha.   Some new stuff since my last visit.  One bay in particular,  looks like someone unloaded an old gas station, which in my book just isn't bad at all.   First thing I spotted was a waist high Marquette battery charger tester, white in color, with the controls under a lid on top.  $65, which I thought wasn't bad, if it isn't burned up.   Saw two spark plug cleaners, but neither one was the Champion model that attached to the wall.  Oil cans, spouts, oil bottles,  even a box of Hastings piston rings new, in assorted sizes.  Several small battery chargers,  already got enough.  Some tools, nothing special, the big 1950s calendars caught my eye, but am running out of wall space.   Under a stand were some tech manuals, owners manuals, and went digging.  When I moved the box, more books.   To be exact, 16 of the hardbound  Automobile Quarterly,  70s and 80s.  Had to move fast as spouse was waiting.  If you don' know, The Autombile  Quarterly which was just discontinued,  is full of good bits of rare, and even familiar cars,  race cars, classic cars, with really great photos.  I took them home for less than $2.50 per.   Feel I did real well.   Still like to have that Marquette battery charger though. 

Offline bonneyman

Re: gas station stuff
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2018, 08:05:06 AM »
Yeah, after seeing a restored Marquette stand-up charger somewhere I'd think it'd be a great snag. If it wasn't burned up.