Author Topic: Such a Sucker.....  (Read 4817 times)

Offline muddy

Such a Sucker.....
« on: January 17, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »
.....for .22lr picked up this brand new Ruger Wrangler yesterday. Alot of folks scoff but it's just plain inexpensive fun.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
Re: Such a Sucker.....
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 08:20:33 PM »
.....for .22lr picked up this brand new Ruger Wrangler yesterday. Alot of folks scoff but it's just plain inexpensive fun.

Great little plinker Tim - congrats! That model and the many options in the Heritage line are a great value.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 08:55:05 PM »
Nice, I got several of the Heritage revolvers and they are a blast to shoot. May have to try one of the new Rugers out.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 03:11:17 PM »
i played with one of these in a store last week. looks like a decent little plinker. i wouldn't trade my single six with dual .22 and .22 mag cylinders for one but if i was in the want of a little wheel gun it would be on my short list. it is also offered in few different colors as well the way it looked.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 06:05:05 PM »
I'd bet a little pistol like that in 22 magnum would be a ton of fun.    ;)

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 10:09:33 PM »
i played with one of these in a store last week. looks like a decent little plinker. i wouldn't trade my single six with dual .22 and .22 mag cylinders for one but if i was in the want of a little wheel gun it would be on my short list. it is also offered in few different colors as well the way it looked.
Yes your single six is a step up from this, great guns. Correct they do offer several coatings for the Wranglers

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 10:10:21 PM »
I have a Heritage arms cheapy that offers a Magnum cylinder I'd like to pick one up one if these days.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 10:19:06 AM »

i have had my single six for close to 30 years.  the fun of it is the cheap plinking. we have shot a few mags through it but she really cracks the ear drums with mags and they don't add much as far as range and even less as far as accuracy because of the short barrel.

we have rattled a few boxes of mags but it would be hard to fathom how many rounds of plain old .22 have been pushed out of that cylinder one at a time. i had a buddy who would thread my old west leather holster through his belt and carry it all weekend dispersing. pigeons, gophers, tin cans, bottles and any other sort of vermin he could find. that old revolver will eat any sort of ammo you can shove down its throat including 22 shorts.

pull the hammer, bang x 6, push out the empties, reload, repeat. good fun and relaxing.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 10:32:14 AM by skfarmer »

Offline slip knot

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2022, 10:26:57 AM »
I had the same results with the magnums, way more noise but not much else.

I like the SA pistols to teach people accuracy. hard to "spray and pray" when you only got six rounds and manually have to advance to next round. The SA slows them down some and gives them time to think about the next shot. Once they get the accuracy down then we advance to the Mark II.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2022, 10:35:52 AM »
I had the same results with the magnums, way more noise but not much else.

I like the SA pistols to teach people accuracy. hard to "spray and pray" when you only got six rounds and manually have to advance to next round. The SA slows them down some and gives them time to think about the next shot. Once they get the accuracy down then we advance to the Mark II.

back in the day it was real easy to push a brick of .22 through the semi autos in an afternoon. it's a trick to do the same with single action.  :))

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2022, 11:39:14 AM »
a few pics of the old hog leg.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2022, 11:44:25 AM »
oh yea. eats these and spits em out with no problem either.

Offline DeadNutz

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2022, 10:11:12 PM »
Guys are always looking for the magnum cylinders around here. See wanted ads for them all the time.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2022, 08:02:19 AM »
Guys are always looking for the magnum cylinders around here. See wanted ads for them all the time.

Same situation here Les. Roughrider 22WRM cylinders always sell very well and are hardly ever available at any of the local stores. Special order only. I think the popularity of the Heritage Roughrider revolvers has brought WRM back to new heights. A lot of folks around here use them as glovebox guns.

Offline muddy

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2022, 08:28:32 PM »

Same situation here Les. Roughrider 22WRM cylinders always sell very well and are hardly ever available at any of the local stores. Special order only. I think the popularity of the Heritage Roughrider revolvers has brought WRM back to new heights. A lot of folks around here use them as glovebox guns.
I bought a rough rider when they were on sale for $100 or so at Cabela's.

It's nothing special. But for the money you get a pretty decent gun that is fairly accurate, fairly well built and alot of fun!