TOOLS AND THE SHOP > COMPRESSORS/AIR TOOLS/LINES FILTERS & MISC.

Picked up this used Eagle 5 HP 60 Gal today

(1/3) > >>

Der Bugmeister:
I've been getting a little serious about my shop setup lately, after years of making do with what I had.  This is primarily in support of a major make over of one of my cars...or at least that's the excuse I'm using.  Recent acquisitions include Oxy/Acetelyne tanks (already had the torches, but there's a story there for another time), 20 litre parts washer, 40 pound sand blast cabinet (essentially an HF cabinet, I'll be doing some mods to it...in another thread), mobile sandblast pot, etc.

I've also been enjoying the mobility of Milwaukee's M18 and M12 tools and rarely needing to haul out the compressor and air hoses to wherever they were needed...so I've been debating whether I really needed to splurge on a new compressor.  My current compressor is a 4.5 hp, 20 gal portable/horizontal tank that's about 25 years old.  It's served me extremely well through the years but a) it's getting old and b) it won't keep up with the sand blaster.

So I had been casually checking out new and used 60 gallon compressors lately, and this one came up on marketplace just down the road from me for about $950 USD.  Used, but seems pretty clean and solid.  It had already been removed from the building it had been used in (hard wired) so I couldn't hear it run...took a chance and now my fingers are crossed that all is well with it.  Supposedly in regular use until last month.

goodfellow:
Looks good as new. Is it a single, or double stage pump assembly? Either way, it looks like it will handle the blast cabinet without much effort.

Der Bugmeister:
Literature indicates it's a single stage.

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: Der Bugmeister on February 18, 2022, 09:21:55 PM ---Literature indicates it's a single stage.

--- End quote ---

Thanks Clay --

Lookin4_67GalaxieConv:
That will help with the sandblasting.   :bravo_2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version