Author Topic: Mark -- "Krusty the Clown"  (Read 4112 times)

Offline slip knot

Re: Mark -- "Krusty the Clown"
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2023, 07:53:11 AM »
I believe he was having some health issues back then. I recall he was selling off some stuff to pay medical bills. I picked up some nice crafty sets from him.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2023, 08:45:09 AM »
So sorry to hear this.  Mark shared his knowledge freely and was a hoot to talk to. 

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2023, 10:41:09 AM »
Wasn't he the original moderator, back when this place was "Thegaragegazette.com"?  Had too many pass away in the last few years.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2023, 11:22:15 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  I know he hadn't been active here for several years and was wondering how he was doing.  A good guy, little rough around the edges, but I'm sure he had a heart of gold.

He was the epitome of rough around the edges, but his awareness and embracing of it is what made him….him, and undeniably (and maybe inexplicably) enjoyable to have around. We messaged from time to time, usually when he was looking for info on something Plomb/Proto related. Been 6 months or more since I had contact with him, and not that he would, but he never indicated anything going on with his health.

IIRC, even when he was active on the old GG, he was having health problems due to diabetes (I think). I can't be sure, but I seem to remember that he once posted the fact that he had to have part of his leg amputated due the severity of the disease. He had to re-learn how to walk and ride his bikes with that infirmity.

Yep, I remember the same thing.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Heiny57

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2023, 01:26:54 PM »
Sad to hear. I do remember he had a leg removed .
MAGA

If you can’t fix it with a hammer, it must be electrical.

Offline muddy

« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2023, 11:21:45 AM »
Just heard of this through his facebook. Krusty was a great guy, very sad to hear his passing.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2023, 12:37:08 PM »
This is a big loss to me. The man was amazing. He knew tools like a walking encyclopedia. He knew music - we talked a lot of music and would quote lines back and forth. He was a really great mechanic I think everyone knows he built and worked on bikes but he knew cars as well - especially Fords he was just finishing up a restoration of a Mustang for his son. He knew a lot of US history especially in the area he lived and in the south and had family that goes back to the very beginnings and he knew that well. And he had a really great sense of humor.

He may have been rough around the edges but he respected people even those he didn't agree with, at least as long as you gave him back the same. But he wasn't afraid to speak his mind either.

They don't make many like him that is for sure.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2023, 01:58:49 PM »
A couple of things from Krusty's FB page  :))
boop/bop/beep

Offline Elroy

« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2023, 09:45:51 PM »
Elroy sends his condolences to Mark's family. Always held a lot of respect for "Krusty"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2023, 09:59:45 PM by Elroy »

Offline Rural53

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2023, 11:02:32 PM »
Sad news to hear. I was thinking of him before Christmas when I came across some photos of an item I'd sent to him in trade. I included the latest copies of a couple New Zealand motorcycle magazines that he was most appreciative of.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2023, 08:05:49 PM »
Wasn't he the original moderator, back when this place was "Thegaragegazette.com"?  Had too many pass away in the last few years.

No he was not.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2023, 08:16:06 PM »
I am very sad to hear this news.  I  had always hoped that Mark would re engage here but he never did.  I  ŕecall it was because of politics.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline walrus

« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2023, 05:23:19 AM »
Just saw this, Krusty seemed to be rough and tough but was a good guy down deep. I got a bunch of tools from him and we talked music from time to time. RIP Mark.