Author Topic: Election night and Trump  (Read 2376 times)

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Election night and Trump
« on: November 09, 2022, 06:37:10 AM »
Last night sucked and we're all disappointed.  Pennsylvania elected a mentally deficient manchild for the Senate and Democrats did way better than they had a right to throughout the country.  Michigan and New York elected the same lousy Democrat governors, pretty much forget about winning the Senate, and we don't even know if Republicans have secured control of the House yet.  The polling we've been told about for months that heavily favored Republicans didn't materialize, and instead of celebrating the end of Biden's agenda, we're wondering if we can hold it off for two more years.

Here's the bright spot: last night should be enough to prove to enough conservative voters that Trump is done as any kind of serious candidate and for everyone to line up behind DeSantis in 2024 if we want to win the Presidency. 

Two things we know to be true from 2020:

1) Trump would be President right now if he had the least bit of self awareness and sense.

2) Trump set the whole thing on fire by sabotaging the runoffs in Georgia with his unprovable election claims which led to a huge Republican under vote and paved the way for Democrat control of the Senate, and encouraged the events of January 6th, which, while majorly overblown by Democrats, did end any serious consideration of him as a candidate going forward.

Trump backed weak candidates like Dr. Oz in Pennsylvania, Herschel Walker in Georgia, Keri Lake and Blake Masters in Arizona, etc. and it showed.  Stronger candidates would've fared better.  Brian Kemp, DeSantis, Greg Abbott, etc, didn't get any Trump backing and they didn't need it.  The vast majority of ALL voters want to move on from Trump.  He did a lot of good things, but his time has passed.  If we let him play a big part in 2024, we'll be sitting here again in two years wondering  what the hell happened.  Voters have had enough of Trump and Trump-backed candidates, it's way past time to let his actions have any tangible effect on the Republican party.  There's lots of good, truly conservative candidates out there that don't need the Trump seal of approval.  No matter what Trump does from here on out, just ignore him and move on if we want to win in the future.

Differing opinions welcome.
boop/bop/beep

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Election night and Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2022, 08:12:02 AM »
yup....
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2022, 08:30:02 AM »
well stated and I agree

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2022, 11:00:12 AM »
Not surprisingly the Dems managed to steal it again. Here in AZ it's a plain as day. Voting machines not working, poll workers telling handicapped people how to vote, Republican-leaning areas being forced to wait hours to vote while no problems in Dem areas, judges tossing out complaints, etc.

And it's Trump's fault most of his endorsed candidates failed? Please! President Trump probably should withdraw from public consideration, as even the highest court in the land won't even hear the evidence his allies have provided. If your house was stolen and you had video, fingerprints, tire tracks, and signed affidavits from credible witnesses - and the courts wouldn't even give you the time of day - you'd be pissed too! But it is what it is.

The libs have jury rigged many races - but honestly - a whole lot of people voted for these insane crooks. You can't fix stupid. They get what they deserve. I feel sorry for the conservatives in those states but heaven help you. Now that the election is over I expect things to go from bad to worse quick, and there ain't no going back.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2022, 12:15:06 PM »
The biggest problem I see is not Trump but the Republican Party. They are still supporting marginal candidates and not giving 100 % backing to electable candidates. Just look at Beto here in Texas. He lost by 900k votes. That’s a pretty close race for a twit running against a favored incumbent. The GOP better get their shit together or be prepared to lose big the next few years

• Ran when parked
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2022, 12:43:36 PM »
George, where was all that evidence when Trump's lawyers went to court?  They didn't have it.  I remember lots of people had stories but when it came time to attest to it on a signed affidavit, they were nowhere to be found.  I'm not saying stuff didn't happen, but you have to prove it.  Filing lawsuits and running your mouth, but showing up with an empty briefcase in court doesn't do it.  And people don't want to relitigate 2020, they've moved on.  If we want to win, we've got to get more voters than just Trump supporters. 

As for Trump himself, he doesn't care about you and me, it's all about his ego.  It always has been.  It worked in 2016, especially because of his competition.  Didn't work in 2020 and it definitely won't work in '24.  Besides, it makes little sense to nominate him, because even if he had a good shot to win (which he doesn't) he could only serve one term.  And he'll be 78 years old.  Trump is Biden's best chance at a second term.

Trump had a war chest of a hundred million dollars to help candidates win, especially his hand picked candidates.  And he barely spent any of it.  What does that tell you?

I think three things killed the red wave, the repeal of Roe V Wade, poor candidates, and Trump.  The first one was just circumstance, let's learn from the last two so we're not licking our wounds again two years from now.
boop/bop/beep

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2022, 01:59:19 PM »
Galaxie, this is just ONE story I've read today that sort of summarizes my feelings of the the crap that went on in 2020. And some of the SAME stunts are being done now. I expect to hear about tons of lawsuits in the coming days and weeks - we'll see if they make more of a difference than 2 years ago.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/11/go-suspicious-ballots-arrive-way-legal-deadline-detroit/

Trump is probably done as a candidate. Sad to say it but probably true.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 02:05:08 PM by bonneyman »

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2022, 06:21:23 PM »
Yep i agree 67.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Elroy

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2022, 09:40:04 PM »
  He did a lot of good things, but his time has passed. 

Elroy considers Trumps performance in office as extremely strong and correct for the country.

Elroy would predict that Trump carries too much baggage to excel

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2022, 09:59:13 PM »

Elroy considers Trumps performance in office as extremely strong and correct for the country.

Trump wasn't perfect for sure, but he did three things that I am very thankful for.
1) He got 3 SCOTUS justices on the court (What those 3 have done is lackluster, but at least they're not Obama libs)
2) He eliminated the Obamacare "tax"
3) He wasn't Hillary!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2022, 07:31:40 AM »
George, gotta check your sources.  You can find anything on the web to support any argument, for or against.
They do it for clickbait/money.  Kinda like the guy who got sued for saying the one school shooting was faked.

Here is what Wiki says about The Gateway Pundit
https://www.bing.com/search?q=who+is+the+gateway+pundit&cvid=88dc0a39af3d4df69f19da6cfb0e659b&aqs=edge..69i57.10627j0j1&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&PC=HCTS

They couldn't prove in court the last election was stolen, some with Trump appointed judges.
Sorry, that dog don't hunt.

Moving forward, need to concentrate on backing electable candidates and that likely means more right center vs. far right.

I certainly agree with SCOTUS appointees, the one thing Trump did that will last

Offline Barks

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2022, 08:06:03 AM »
Like anything else, politicians have a "window of opportunity".  Trump had his and the world has now moved on.  He has accumulated too much extraneous baggage and has proven to not be a good judge of character when backing candidates.  We need to thank him mightily for his four years of service, particularly what he was able to accomplish with judges, and wish him the best in retirement.

• Ran when parked
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2022, 01:17:03 PM »
The reason why the wave didn't happen could probably be summed up in this one stat: Democrats beat the Republicans among Independents by 1%. 

Usually Republicans beat Democrats by a few percent among Independents.  With this election, it should've been about ten percent.  But for reasons we've discussed, especially bad candidates, they voted for the Democrats.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2022, 01:40:12 PM »
I held my nose and voted for Trump. He was the only option there was. I never could listen to him talk very long either, he is just too damned arrogant for my taste. That said, he did some very good things while he was in office, especially the SCOTUS.  He was also spot on about immigration and honestly a host of other things. However, his time is past and in my opinion is done and unelectable in 2024 and would be a huge mistake for the Republicans to back him again. I do think the left/democrats cheat in elections. I believed that long before Trump came into the picture. I think election fraud has been baked into the Democrat party for decades, probably extending back to the turn of the century or even earlier. I believe the Democrat party is so skilled and experienced at election fraud and tricks they have all but made a science of it! I think they have developed methods for stealing elections that are are so bulletproof and tried and true that for lack of a better way of putting it, Republicans are simply not smart enough or crooked enough themselves to ever prove on the Democrats!

I think the Democrat party is a party comprised of liars, cheats, thugs, bullies and thieves. Actually, that is just the good things I think about Democrats!

Democrats do steal elections I am sure, I am just as sure it will never be proven on them though as they are just that good at it!  :38:
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline slip knot

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2022, 06:56:08 PM »

Trump wasn't perfect for sure, but he did three things that I am very thankful for.
1) He got 3 SCOTUS justices on the court (What those 3 have done is lackluster, but at least they're not Obama libs)
2) He eliminated the Obamacare "tax"
3) He wasn't Hillary!

IMHO Trumps biggest achievement while in office was to expose the corruption and the depths that the DC elite and the MSM will go to discredit someone who doesn't play their game.