Author Topic: looking for some lost information.  (Read 3380 times)

Offline woody 73

looking for some lost information.
« on: September 01, 2018, 03:22:30 PM »
In doing some research I remember reading a post on the GG about some time back with regards to vintage sears/craftsman tools and I would like very much to find that post; only problem is when the site went down the post was lost for my research.

Can you give me a name of a GG member that I can send a pm to in order to look at some lost posts from a few years back or is that next to impossible at this point in time?

If not I can still write the story and from brute memory (getting old sucks) and try to fill in the story a little bit, but if I could find that lost post it sure would help me out a lot.

Thank you very much for any help Woody

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: looking for some lost information.
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 04:48:45 PM »
In doing some research I remember reading a post on the GG about some time back with regards to vintage sears/craftsman tools and I would like very much to find that post; only problem is when the site went down the post was lost for my research.

Can you give me a name of a GG member that I can send a pm to in order to look at some lost posts from a few years back or is that next to impossible at this point in time?

If not I can still write the story and from brute memory (getting old sucks) and try to fill in the story a little bit, but if I could find that lost post it sure would help me out a lot.

Thank you very much for any help Woody

The entire old site was lost Woody. AFAIK there is no way for anyone to retrieve anything. Just hope I am wrong in that statement. Sorry bud.

Why don't you at least give an idea of what you are looking for. Others might recall what you are looking for and help fill in the missing pieces for you.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 06:11:15 PM »
I believe "lauver" was the one that was cataloging the MAC and Craftsman tool history --

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 06:20:39 PM »
I believe "lauver" was the one that was cataloging the MAC and Craftsman tool history --

His threads are still over on the GJ. At least the c’man one.