Author Topic: KR1000 Snappy roll cab  (Read 1717 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: KR1000 Snappy roll cab
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2023, 10:06:19 AM »
I rarely pull slides out for cleaning though sometimes it is best.  Most times, I first use a can of penetrating lube and spray the crap out of the slides, using nozzle extension making sure to get everything I can.

Most of the times the drawers work well, or well enough.  Sometimes I will hot pressure wash the slides with the drawers in place, then hit with lube.

Only as a last resort will I pull the drawers out.  Lot of work and pain to reinstall drawers.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2023, 10:59:00 PM »
 I dont mind the time and effort for a proper cleaning, but after the arrival of some new slides for my other Snappy box, I was surprised that the lube that came on them "new" sure seemed to be light oil based, vs a lube (not even a light lube).

My thought on that topic is lube (grease) would be more of a dirt attractant than oil. I can say that they roll like nobody's business when lightly oiled.

Offline oldnslo

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2023, 10:08:20 AM »
The bodywork continues on the roll cab. Removal of the 2 side vertical aluminum bumper strips, which have seen some abuse, are now undergoing hammer and press treatment at the spa to renew.

While not quite evident from the pic, are the drawer "handles" (which is the protruding lip) for pulling the drawers open. Most of the wider drawers on the right side are bent downward (someone leaned heavily on them, or pounded something on them while open).

There are several impact crashes into the the bottom drawers (and from within) and one pop rivet repair to a front drawer panel broken spot weld. That "much frowned upon" by OldnSlo repair (by the former owner) will receive some deft MIG love to get it back in shape.

The sheet metal is surprisingly compliant to the gentle persuasion of skillfully placed body hammer taps.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2023, 08:15:06 AM »
wow, you are going whole hog.  Can't wait to see end result