Author Topic: Dustins shop thread.  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Re: Dustins shop thread.
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2023, 05:26:57 PM »
Pictures of the terminal i crimped soldered on  and chewed up cable

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2023, 05:31:59 PM »
Heres fun today trying to remove a gland nut off cylinder on the rat piss backhoe heated it up and then used my wright 3/4 ratchet with a cheater and it wouldnt budge with two of us hanging on it so we tried using a skidsteer to press down on the ratchet. But we sheared the pins off the gland nut wrench.. Its not coming apart ill have to remove it and take it elsewhere

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2023, 06:38:31 PM »
Finished greasing a trax machine and the rat backhoe replaced foam on headliner still needs installed. Pressure checked the ac overnight no leak so filled it and placed uv dye in the system. Ac lights still on so still need to figure that out..replaced 2 cylinders one required the help of a uniloader with forks and 2 large prybars.wasnt able to snap pics tho i did have a b f up when aligning the rod for hydraulic cylinder i flipped it so the zerk was unreachable. Took 4minutes to fix but still felt like a idiot for not paying attention
« Last Edit: February 16, 2023, 07:26:23 PM by Crispycritter »

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2023, 12:34:09 PM »
Wasnt anything for me to do today since im stuck waiting on parts so boss called me at 7 and said not to come in.. Parts should be in monday

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2023, 06:11:06 PM »
Slow week at work so got instructed to replace the entire brake assemblies on the shops trailer. Had to use the torch to cut the socket cap bolts holding them on they were crusty and not budging. Then drove to 5 different stores for replacements and final stop was fastenal who had enough to replace all the bolts with nyloc nuts... Finally finished it today.. Took about 8hrs with 3 of itdriving around

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2023, 07:59:54 PM »
Slow week at work so got instructed to replace the entire brake assemblies on the shops trailer. Had to use the torch to cut the socket cap bolts holding them on they were crusty and not budging. Then drove to 5 different stores for replacements and final stop was fastenal who had enough to replace all the bolts with nyloc nuts... Finally finished it today.. Took about 8hrs with 3 of itdriving around

Just wondering, do you know about McMaster Carr?

Locally Fastenal has sucked for me, because I need metric a lot.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2023, 08:06:02 PM »

Just wondering, do you know about McMaster Carr?

Locally Fastenal has sucked for me, because I need metric a lot.
none within 45 minutes which is farther away from the shop then the boss wants me.

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2023, 08:29:46 PM »
It is an online place.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2023, 08:56:23 PM »
It is an online place.
ahh i thought they had distributer center explain why it didnt show any near .lol..special ordering was a option at 3 of the places i visited but i needed it yesterday not a week later the trailer used upto much space. 24ft trailer dual axles custom built to haul a bulldozer its oversized. 106" wide

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2023, 05:51:08 PM »
Well today was a half day only went in afterlunch do to dr appointment . had a uniloader come in with a hard start issue it cranks for about 40 to 50 seconds before it starts then runs fine and you can turn it off and start it right back uup so i troubleshot and found it was losing prime so theres a leak but it was packed full of mud so remove bottom plates and pressure wash it. Got it clean brought it in and had a coworker hand prime it while i checked lines found it squirting out of a hole that been rubbed but to reach it had to pull the radiator and fan shroud which is as far as i got before work ended.

Offline muddy

« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2023, 11:18:16 PM »
Well today was a half day only went in afterlunch do to dr appointment . had a uniloader come in with a hard start issue it cranks for about 40 to 50 seconds before it starts then runs fine and you can turn it off and start it right back uup so i troubleshot and found it was losing prime so theres a leak but it was packed full of mud so remove bottom plates and pressure wash it. Got it clean brought it in and had a coworker hand prime it while i checked lines found it squirting out of a hole that been rubbed but to reach it had to pull the radiator and fan shroud which is as far as i got before work ended.
Those old uniloader are good loaders. I rebuilt the hydros in several of them.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2023, 06:32:37 PM »
Those old uniloader are good loaders. I rebuilt the hydros in several of them.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman
today replacing fuel line... And doing a service on another unloader that also has a bolt broke off the belly plate i need to figurehow best to attack

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2023, 01:33:03 PM »
Only half day today im stuck waiting on parts for three machines with nothing i can do so i came home when they couldnt find anything for me..parts should be in tommorow

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #28 on: March 16, 2023, 06:35:19 PM »
So back. To action ... Working on getting a pin out of a stabilizer on a back hoe........wouldnt come out with air hammer with heat so went and hooked the uniloader upto the hydraulic hammer and try get it used heat too. Well that failed so i cut the damn thing in piece with help of 6in cut off wheel and torch and used air hammer to punch the small pieces out.. I logged 4 hrs into just this machine today and that all i accomplished the other 5hr i was unloading trucks and finding equipment that being sold and service it .
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 06:37:36 PM by Crispycritter »

« Reply #29 on: March 16, 2023, 07:31:58 PM »
Hope you had Ringo playing in the background.

You know it don't come easy......