Author Topic: At what point...  (Read 892 times)

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
At what point...
« on: February 13, 2023, 12:12:39 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim-jordan-criticized-saying-only-americans-should-vote-american-elections

At what point can it be justified that a non citizen or felon for that matter be allowed to vote in an American election? I can't even grasp a point where I or any one else would go to another country and try to vote in their election where they aren't a citizen.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 12:19:41 PM by TexasT »
Rich

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
Re: At what point...
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2023, 04:58:11 PM »
Absolutely.  I've been to several countries and I wouldn't even presume to enter those countries illegally or overstay a visa and lay claim to rights I know I don't possess.
boop/bop/beep

Offline slip knot

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2023, 06:41:52 PM »
A better question might be, At what point does the American citizenry tell DC politicians that they no longer represent the USA and are fired? Elections be damned. :41:

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2023, 06:52:25 PM »
#2 with you slip.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2023, 07:15:18 PM »
Like all things, follow the money.  Illegals are big business to a bureaucracy.  Whole lot of budgets get funded "fighting" this problem.

Not to mention what the congress people have to gain, whether that be more power, relected or wealth or all 3.

It is insane to me that anyone thinks its a good idea to let illegals vote.

On the whole though, I don't think either side wants to fix the immigration problem or real work would have been done to get a solution.

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2023, 08:56:48 PM »
With the current economics climate we still have plenty of help wanted signs out.

With the baby boomers retiring and the genx being the size it is, the millennials are filling many jobs and the GenZ getting into the workforce, we have a pretty large shortfall of labor. The only way to fill it is the incoming immigrants. They like to say no one wants to work but when then is literally no one to fill the job at the money being offered I guess this is a self fulfilling prophecy.

Inflation is here and with the grocery store prices I've been seeing it isn't slowing down. These companies are going to have to anti up if they want some labor.
Rich

Offline wantedabiggergarage

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2023, 11:25:15 PM »

At what point can it be justified that a non citizen or felon for that matter be allowed to vote in an American election?

When you vote them into office as your representative.