Author Topic: Would you buy tool cart  (Read 1133 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Would you buy tool cart
« on: February 16, 2023, 07:22:16 PM »
So this is 30minutes away from me in great condition for 900 i have cash and i could use the storage.https://shop.snapon.com/product/KRSC430-Series-Roll-Cart/40%22-Sliding-Lid-Eight-Drawer-Stainless-Lid-Shop-Cart-(Arctic-Silver)/KRSC430APKS1

Offline muddy

Re: Would you buy tool cart
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2023, 07:37:21 PM »
Those are nice carts. However on the price/value I can't comment. Maybe the fatman will chime in....

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2023, 07:43:50 AM »
Looks a lot like my Mac cart I found on Craig's list for $75 quite a number of years ago.

Although I did not use it as a cart so much it made for a good work surface and place for my impact tools and everyday oil change cups and wrenches.  There were a number of mechanics who used a cart to store most of their tools.

Don't know about the value of the Snap-On but I find their polymer roll cart works great; light, easily moved and holds all the parts and tools I need for the job at hand.

Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2023, 08:30:24 AM »
i think the sliding top with folding covers is a dumb idea. takes up too much room and blocks access from the side when tops are folded up. a more conventionl cart with folding shelves seems much more versatile and remains compact when closed, compact when open. if more space is needed or available the shelves can be quickly folded up or down as needed.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2023, 10:44:40 AM »
Disagree with SK on the top.  Many techs prefer the sliding top.  You are working on something on the top and need a tool that is under the top.  Slide it open grab tool and continue working.  If its a standard flip style top, you have to clear it off before opening.

As to price, sadly that is a good value even at $900 and its a nice cart.

If you like it, grab it.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2023, 10:53:40 AM »
Disagree with SK on the top.  Many techs prefer the sliding top.  You are working on something on the top and need a tool that is under the top.  Slide it open grab tool and continue working.  If its a standard flip style top, you have to clear it off before opening.

If you like it, grab it.
thats my thoughts on the sliding top as well i have a harborfrieght cart but i disliked that the top was worthless cause it lock the drawers when closed and sometime taking apart small things i need a unoccupied flat surface....

It been listed a few weeks im gonna see if hell take any less like 700

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2023, 10:58:00 AM »
That is the offer I would make.  I would buy it at 700 for resale provided its nice.  Not a lot of room for profit but would sell quick for me

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2023, 12:43:32 PM »

If you like it, grab it.
thats my thoughts on the sliding top as well i have a harborfrieght cart but i disliked that the top was worthless cause it lock the drawers when closed and sometime taking apart small things i need a unoccupied flat surface....

Most carts have a lever you can flip to keep the drawers unlocked when the lid is down.
boop/bop/beep

Offline stokester

• Air-cooled!
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2023, 12:45:54 PM »
i think the sliding top with folding covers is a dumb idea. takes up too much room and blocks access from the side when tops are folded up. a more conventionl cart with folding shelves seems much more versatile and remains compact when closed, compact when open. if more space is needed or available the shelves can be quickly folded up or down as needed.

On mine only the LH side opens up and I only used it to store manuals and other papers so it was seldom used.  Under the sliding top I stored a set of regular and stubby ratcheting wrenches as well as body clips, light bulbs and various bits.  In the ends are holes to store long pry bars and screwdrivers which will then be secure when closed and locked.  The drawers are locked separately with a lever in the rear.
Nick
Yorktown, VA

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »

If you like it, grab it.

Most carts have a lever you can flip to keep the drawers unlocked when the lid is down.
ill look again but i believe the harbor frieght 4 drawer a pin is pushed down when lid is closed and. There is no way to disable short of cutting the pin but ill look again you know alot more about boxes then me .

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2023, 03:25:43 PM »
For the HF cart, just close the lit with the drawers open, they will close enough so you can't even tell they're open.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2023, 09:00:29 PM »
The guy wouldnt budge on price i found a us general 44in long 22in deep bottom for 375 so picking that up tommorow

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2023, 10:55:05 PM »
Guy corrected his post and said its the discontinued 42in so nixed that decide to big buying the 56 in top and bottom from harborfrieght along with side cabinet. There nothing.decent truckwise of comparable size used around me under 6k

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2023, 08:38:52 AM »
https://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-5-drawer-mechanics-cart-orange-64722.html
I have one of these on my one of these days list. But I already have a couple three piece 30in craftsman stacks full of tools. Not sure why I need one but for $259 it seems like a decent deal.
Rich

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2023, 07:44:44 PM »
https://www.harborfreight.com/30-in-5-drawer-mechanics-cart-orange-64722.html
I have one of these on my one of these days list. But I already have a couple three piece 30in craftsman stacks full of tools. Not sure why I need one but for $259 it seems like a decent deal.
It's a great box, I love mine.

I added the folding side tray,  the outlet bar, and the magnetic 2 can and screwdrivers holder.
Always lookin' to learn