Author Topic: Channellock has new screwdrivers  (Read 2481 times)

Offline hickory n Steel

Re: Channellock has new screwdrivers
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2023, 01:03:48 PM »
I just got my 61H in the mail.

I assumed the handle was going to be at least slightly textured but it's not ,  this is a nice tough though.
pic upload

My first initial impression was great,  but then I adjusted my grip a bit and it wasn't as good.
I definately like that it goes octagonal at the end.

overall being triangular though one corner will always put a bit of a hot spot on my fingers right here, unless I grip way back on it then it feels great.

It's significantly better than those tri-lobe Wilde drivers I got a few months back though.

I'm sure the bits are equal in quality to the 61A that this new 61H replaced,  but they're not as nice.
They're not marked in any way

Unlike the bits from the 61A.
free image uploader

And they don't have that same parallel tipped hollow grind that I really love about the 61A bits.

The tip profile is just a design change I suppose and can't really complain because this is pretty much the standard profile you'll find, but that previous profile was just something I loved about the 61A.

Overall I think it's a good 6 in 1 driver, I'm probably not going to buy a set of the new screwdrivers but I'll give this a fair shake and see if it grows on me before I really decide.

Always lookin' to learn

Offline jeffmoss26

Re: Channellock has new screwdrivers
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2023, 08:21:19 PM »
I have the 6 in 1 in my cart for HJE day!
Remind me when that is again?

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

starts tomorrow 7/1!