Author Topic: Yuengling now in Kansas  (Read 1046 times)

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Yuengling now in Kansas
« on: March 06, 2023, 06:46:58 PM »
I always wanted to try this beer and recently got the chance to have a glass. I liked it well enough and will likely have more occasionally. I love the history of the company but to be honest I did not find it hugely different than Budweiser. 

Honestly my hands down favorite beer is Guinness. I do prefer Yuengling to Bud though and will likely bechoosing it over Bud in the future.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline wantedabiggergarage

Re: Yuengling now in Kansas
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 08:27:21 PM »
Which one?

They brought four to town and one of them is supposed to be very close to Michelob Ultra.

I was trying to get it on tap, however I need to deal with our salesman Wednesday, because a 1/6th barrel and a 1/4 barrel are not the same size and I don't think he wants to lose keg space.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:02:10 PM »
a yes, they have been saying it will get to minnesota for a couple years now with nothing. i am about a 15 minute drive from the border and do a fair amount of business in that town so it would work for me.

i have a soft spot for yuengling. my buddy loved it and he was the source of many bootlegged deliveries from the east coast. sadly he passed away 5 years and it was a major undertaking to get a keg in from ohio in for his prayer service. lots of memories come back when i sip a cold one.

i usually have a short supply of bootleg beers on inventory. i have a cool dark spot in the basement that is good for long term storage. my buddies and i try to get german octoberfest beers  from  spaten, hacker-schorr, and hofbrau when available. new glarus beers from wisconson (spotted cow, two women, totally naked and staghorn are our favoites) and of course yuengling. not much into the super hoppy any of us.

of course one also needs a good supply of old milwaukee light, pickles, olives  and clamato juice for red beers! the drink of trashy midwesern/northern plain folks.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 10:13:56 PM »
Showed up at bars first in Topeka KS in early Feb and might be available in Liquor stores now. I do not know any particular kind, just the brand.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline highland512

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 08:47:26 AM »

of course one also needs a good supply of old milwaukee light, pickles, olives  and clamato juice for red beers! the drink of trashy midwesern/northern plain folks.

You guys must have a different standard up there. Here its Busch Light, peanuts, and pickled eggs for us plain folks. The combination of pickled eggs and moderate-heavy beer consumption usually makes for smelly tomorrow.

We have yuengling here, cant say the last time I had any though. I will say its definitely better than bud or bud light. If you have access to Shinner beer out of Texas try their Octoberfest, its one of my favorites.

Offline muddy

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 08:18:49 PM »
Which one?

They brought four to town and one of them is supposed to be very close to Michelob Ultra.

I was trying to get it on tap, however I need to deal with our salesman Wednesday, because a 1/6th barrel and a 1/4 barrel are not the same size and I don't think he wants to lose keg space.
I would assume that would be the flight. The only ones available outside of PA are Traditional Lager, Light Lager, Flight and Golden Pilsner.

You guys must have a different standard up there. Here its Busch Light, peanuts, and pickled eggs for us plain folks. The combination of pickled eggs and moderate-heavy beer consumption usually makes for smelly tomorrow.

We have yuengling here, cant say the last time I had any though. I will say its definitely better than bud or bud light. If you have access to Shinner beer out of Texas try their Octoberfest, its one of my favorites.
Shiner Bock is good beer. I think you would really like Yuenglings Oktoberfest if your like Shiner's.

Sent from my Twisted Mind Of The Mudman

Offline muddy

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 08:19:43 PM »
I grew up 20 minutes from the original brewery in Pottsville. Have toured it many times actually went the day before new years eve last year.

Consumed my fair share as well. Still buy a case every week.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2023, 10:56:59 PM »
Back in high school we used to hit up the shiner Bock beer balls. little one gallon mini kegs. 2 would fit in a 48qt ice chest perfectly. had a little pump on them kinda like a bicycle pump. Air it up, run the hose thru the back window and drive around drinking all night. Straight out of the hose, no cup needed.  :)

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2023, 11:43:36 PM »

ha! have drank plenty of busch latte, salted peanuts in the shell and have a jar of beerdrinkers breakfast (pickled eggs and pickled sausage in the same jar) in my basement fridge. i just meant that i am not a beer snob and sometimes the local drink of choice is just right!

i have access to shiner. i actually was in texas last febuary for a meeting. started out in dallas, moved on to san antonio for the river walk. drove through shiner for a tour of the of the spoetzel brewery and then fiinished the trip off in galveston.

a very enjoyable trip and there is more often than not a couple shiners in my fridge. :djparty:

from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2023, 09:14:58 AM »
I don't drink anymore but Yuengling was my beer of choice.  Their Octoberfest was great and I agree, Shiner Bock is darn good too.

I used to drink regular Coors and switched to Yuengling.  Tried a regular Coors a few years later and didn't like it

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2023, 09:16:38 AM »
Showed up at bars first in Topeka KS in early Feb and might be available in Liquor stores now. I do not know any particular kind, just the brand.

Package date was March 6th, so it will depend on their delivery date (that day or the end of that week).

Offline muddy

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2023, 10:11:01 PM »

Package date was March 6th, so it will depend on their delivery date (that day or the end of that week).
March 6th date code? That would be extremely fresh considering the closet brewery would be Texas.
Even at Pottsville gift shop the freshest I could find was about a week.

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2023, 11:02:07 PM »

March 6th date code? That would be extremely fresh considering the closet brewery would be Texas.
Even at Pottsville gift shop the freshest I could find was about a week.

No,

March 6th is the first date Package stuff is available (bottles and cans),  Kegs were almost a month before that and the warehouse already ran out a few times.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2023, 08:57:07 AM »
^^^^had me confused too O0

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 04:42:51 PM »
I like the flight stuff
Rich