Author Topic: Industro 1/4 rat  (Read 7321 times)

Offline jabberwoki

Industro 1/4 rat
« on: September 03, 2018, 11:58:16 AM »
Anybody need it?
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Industro 1/4 rat
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 12:51:12 PM »
Anybody need it?

Why get rid of it? It could always find a home with me! LOL

I already have it's twin, that one should go to someone else that would appreciate a fine vintage ratchet but has been deprived of the joy of using oldies like this one. Only if no one steps up to adopt should you consider me.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 12:55:54 PM by Uncle Buck »
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:03:31 PM »
Anybody need it?
If I had such a ratchet I would put it to good use.
My only vintage 1/4  ratchet is a pear head indestro which I like, but it's not too hard to accidentally interfere with the lever during use.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 01:19:58 PM by hickory n Steel »
Always lookin' to learn

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 01:45:31 PM »
Lol!   I just completed a slow purge of years of street market "treasures" I had to buy and try because some dude on a forum said his was great.

I probably broke even.  Sure made a lot of other shops stop buying new crap for a bit.

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 05:26:35 PM »
I would consider it as show rat rather than a user as it slips a bit. Unless you could fix it.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 06:00:40 PM »
I would consider it as show rat rather than a user as it slips a bit. Unless you could fix it.
Is there a chance it just needs a cleanup and relube , or is it in need of an actual repair ?
Always lookin' to learn

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 07:44:46 PM »
Don`t think a clean would fix worn teeth.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 08:47:54 PM »
Well then I guess this ratchet would just be a show piece, unless it goes to someone has a super ratty one with good guts in it to cannibalize.
Always lookin' to learn

Offline kwoswalt99

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 08:59:20 PM »
Worn out rats make great bottle openers.

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 10:24:41 PM »

What about my personal lifetime warranty for any damn reason I feel entitled to at any moment ?

Every company is obligated to honor it as I please.  I can extend it to anyone I please too.  It doesn't matter the company was long ago liquidated....

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 10:37:03 PM »

What about my personal lifetime warranty for any damn reason I feel entitled to at any moment ?

Every company is obligated to honor it as I please.  I can extend it to anyone I please too.  It doesn't matter the company was long ago liquidated....

True they were supposed to send the replacement before you ever needed it just in case.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Snaparxon

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 11:24:42 PM »

Read the fine print... LIFETIME WARRANTY refers to the LIFETIME of the company :P

Offline strik9

• X
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 12:07:38 AM »
That does not fit my whims and I take it as personal insult.  I did NOT give permission for them to close up shop.

My warranty will be honored in a manner that satisfies me.

Offline PowderKeg

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 01:31:35 PM »
I've been surprised at how many otherwise-clean looking ratchets that slipped have tightened up with a good cleanup and fresh lube, even if the teeth looked a little worn.  Also have had a few crud covered ones that felt real good before cleanup and went downhill afterwards....

If no one else would like it Jab, I'll request a consideration - I know I've got at least one round head Duro- Indestro sourced ratchet that I monkeyed up the guts "cleaning" it.  It may even be nicer than the one I might have (gotta look for it tonight).

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 02:52:33 PM »
I've been surprised at how many otherwise-clean looking ratchets that slipped have tightened up with a good cleanup and fresh lube, even if the teeth looked a little worn.  Also have had a few crud covered ones that felt real good before cleanup and went downhill afterwards....

If no one else would like it Jab, I'll request a consideration - I know I've got at least one round head Duro- Indestro sourced ratchet that I monkeyed up the guts "cleaning" it.  It may even be nicer than the one I might have (gotta look for it tonight).
If you claim it I'd like to see pics of what's inside and what you make of it.
Whether you can get it going again or not.
Always lookin' to learn