Author Topic: Mark -- "Krusty the Clown"  (Read 4113 times)

Offline Conductor562

Mark -- "Krusty the Clown"
« on: April 10, 2023, 02:00:39 PM »
Don’t know if you guys have heard. His son posted to his Facebook earlier. 61 is too early of an exit  :03:

MARK'S OBITUARY
Hartford, Mark Ariel Mathus, 61, passed away on Saturday, April 8, 2023.
Born, February 13, 1962, in Alton, he was the son of Howard and Priscilla (Young) Mathus.
Mark graduated from Roxana High School and Bailey Technical School.  He was an auto mechanic working in dealerships and automotive businesses in Southwestern Missouri and the Alton/Wood River area.  He enjoyed hunting, fishing and riding his motorcycle.
His parents pre-deceased him.  He is survived by his children Meagan Cheong, of Springfield, Missouri and Jeffrey (Drew Tucker) Mathus of Belleville, Illinois; Grandchildren, Lennon Becker and Calli Cheong of Springfield, Missouri.  He is also survived of by his sister, Pam (Kenneth) Grohman of Bloomington, Indiana and a niece, Vanessa Beatty of Beaver Creek, OH.  He is also survived by his fur baby and constant companion, Maddie.
A memorial visitation celebrating Mark’s life will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. Wednesday, April 12, 2023 at Paynic Home for Funerals in Rosewood Heights.  Online guest book is available at www.paynicfh.com.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2023, 06:41:39 PM by goodfellow »

Offline Andrewhr

Re: Goodbye to Krusty
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2023, 02:57:09 PM »
Very sad to hear.

Sent from my SM-T875 using Tapatalk

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 03:28:08 PM »
Sad for sure...
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline eborcim

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 03:36:57 PM »
Mark was an encyclopedia of tool manufacturer knowledge, Harleys, and Ford products for sure.  RIP Krusty

Offline slip knot

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 04:08:05 PM »
Well crap. Mark was a good dude.

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 05:58:45 PM »
Sorry to hear this.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 06:38:17 PM »
Simply overwhelming! -- Mark was a great source of mechanical information, and a true "old school" free spirit. My sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Offline jeffmoss26

Re: Mark -- "Krusty the Clown"
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2023, 06:59:11 PM »
came here to post this after seeing it on FB - he will be missed. Always enjoyed chatting with him about tools and sharing inside jokes about a certain past member. RIP!

Offline jabberwoki

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2023, 07:54:39 PM »
Wow that's a bummer.
Rip Hershal.
Is the need enough? Or does the want suffice?

Offline torqueman2002

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2023, 08:12:04 PM »
God Bless.
"I got to show the young boys how not to do it. I haven't showed them everything not to do, yet. It's a big job!" - Otto Kilcher

Online skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2023, 08:38:33 PM »
thanks for posting conductor. i thought highly of the clown. we sometimes disagreed but at the end of the day i am pretty sure we were friends. not a facebooker so lost touch when he quit coming around.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline gtermini

• Pictures of the junk collection
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2023, 09:41:28 PM »
RIP Mark. Hopefully he's now riding Panheads and shooting machine guns up in The Big Shop in The Sky.

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2023, 01:29:47 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  I know he hadn't been active here for several years and was wondering how he was doing.  A good guy, little rough around the edges, but I'm sure he had a heart of gold.
boop/bop/beep

Offline Conductor562

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2023, 01:46:53 AM »
Sorry to hear this.  I know he hadn't been active here for several years and was wondering how he was doing.  A good guy, little rough around the edges, but I'm sure he had a heart of gold.

He was the epitome of rough around the edges, but his awareness and embracing of it is what made him….him, and undeniably (and maybe inexplicably) enjoyable to have around. We messaged from time to time, usually when he was looking for info on something Plomb/Proto related. Been 6 months or more since I had contact with him, and not that he would, but he never indicated anything going on with his health.

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2023, 07:47:57 AM »

He was the epitome of rough around the edges, but his awareness and embracing of it is what made him….him, and undeniably (and maybe inexplicably) enjoyable to have around. We messaged from time to time, usually when he was looking for info on something Plomb/Proto related. Been 6 months or more since I had contact with him, and not that he would, but he never indicated anything going on with his health.

IIRC, even when he was active on the old GG, he was having health problems due to diabetes (I think). I can't be sure, but I seem to remember that he once posted the fact that he had to have part of his leg amputated due the severity of the disease. He had to re-learn how to walk and ride his bikes with that infirmity.