TOOLS AND THE SHOP > COMPRESSORS/AIR TOOLS/LINES FILTERS & MISC.

harbor freight fortress ft26175 air compressor

(1/3) > >>

skfarmer:
i keep a portable air compressor in my back machine shed for blowing off equipment, airing tires, etc. some time over the last few months it quit working. i suspect the motor but it really needed to be replaced anyway. no shields, questionable tank and possibly older than i am.

this followed me home yesterday, a fortress, 26 gallon, 175 psi oilless compressor. i wanted a vertical as it will take less space and the old horizontal was a bitch to move around. it will only see occasion use in an unheated building so i thought oilless would be the ticket. as a bonus the quiet feature is true to life. it is unbelievably quiet.

skfarmer:
the only issue i had out of the box is the lack of a shut off valve. it may sit for weeks or months, so a handful of fittings and a valve made that happen.

skfarmer:
keeping track of accessories is a pain. a scrap of aluminum and few minutes time solved that issue as well.

skfarmer:
i had the new red hose on inventory and the yellow coiled hose, chuck, air nozzle and gauge were on clearance as a package at tsc for ten bucks.

the roll cage protects the controls, gauges and couplers pretty well.

it was on sale for 360 so i have barely 400 hundred in it total.

The Magic Ratchet:
Nice, sounds perfect for your use. Best of luck with it and hope it lasts as long as your old one.

Lou Manglass

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version