Author Topic: Coleman Camping Gear  (Read 1041 times)

Offline fatfillup

Re: Coleman Camping Gear
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2023, 09:22:36 AM »
Yes they are quite collectible and some fetch decent money.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2023, 04:48:03 PM »
Great topic! I have at least 6 Coleman dual mantle lanterns hanging from the ceiling in my garage. One has a stainless steel reflector with an attached carry handle. The reflector hugs the contour of the back of the glass. Another is fueled by a screw on gas bottle and has a hokey little plastic base you screw onto the base of the bottle so it can sit instead of hanging. Dad had two which I no longer know which of mine were from my childhood. Several I snagged at the neighbors trash, one of those being the one with the handy handle attachment.  No clue where I got the one that takes the screw on bottle. I bought a two burner stove and Coleman coffee pot in the early 80's. Then picked up an earlier older one from somewhere free. I don't recall, that one might be a three burner. Fast forward to the 1990's and I bought a couple nickel plate Coleman style lanters with eisenglass lenses that were made in Germany.  I planned to polish, then electrify one for use as a decorative piece for in the home. I was single then and married shortly after so that never happened.  LOL, the nickel ones went to the attic and have not seen the light of day since! Funny, the wife was not keen on some of my decorative tastes! Somewhere a few years back I even picked up a fold up aluminum stand for my two burner stove. I used to use mine a lot years ago when I night fished and went camping. The last time the stove and lanterns saw use was about 17 years ago when we lost power for a week in the dead of winter. Six of us, me, the wife and 4 kids moved mattresses to the living room and ran through about a half cord of wood in the fireplace keeping it stoked 24-7 for that week. No need to buy more, but I luv em!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Lookin4_67GalaxieConv

• Ran when parked
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2023, 09:53:25 PM »
How about Coleman coolers?  Picked these up the last couple of years.  The green one was $8, red one $15.

We've been taking the green one on road trips for awhile now.
boop/bop/beep

Offline goodfellow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2023, 01:17:41 AM »
The red example is what my family had in the 70's. That cooler was used and abused for 30 years until the bottom was so worn by abrasion that it started to leak. Gret find Galaxie

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2023, 08:55:02 AM »
Never had a Coleman cooler, though I did have an Igloo (?) galvanized metal can cooler for some years that I loved. Then the plastic interior coating started peeling off, allowing the steel can to rust. I think me dumping a bag of ice into it every other day - along with some lemon wedges! - caused thermal contraction which led to the peeling.

Dang I liked that cooler!

Offline bonneyman

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2023, 08:56:25 AM »
Great topic! I have at least 6 Coleman dual mantle lanterns hanging from the ceiling in my garage. One has a stainless steel reflector with an attached carry handle. The reflector hugs the contour of the back of the glass. Another is fueled by a screw on gas bottle and has a hokey little plastic base you screw onto the base of the bottle so it can sit instead of hanging. Dad had two which I no longer know which of mine were from my childhood. Several I snagged at the neighbors trash, one of those being the one with the handy handle attachment.  No clue where I got the one that takes the screw on bottle. I bought a two burner stove and Coleman coffee pot in the early 80's. Then picked up an earlier older one from somewhere free. I don't recall, that one might be a three burner. Fast forward to the 1990's and I bought a couple nickel plate Coleman style lanters with eisenglass lenses that were made in Germany.  I planned to polish, then electrify one for use as a decorative piece for in the home. I was single then and married shortly after so that never happened.  LOL, the nickel ones went to the attic and have not seen the light of day since! Funny, the wife was not keen on some of my decorative tastes! Somewhere a few years back I even picked up a fold up aluminum stand for my two burner stove. I used to use mine a lot years ago when I night fished and went camping. The last time the stove and lanterns saw use was about 17 years ago when we lost power for a week in the dead of winter. Six of us, me, the wife and 4 kids moved mattresses to the living room and ran through about a half cord of wood in the fireplace keeping it stoked 24-7 for that week. No need to buy more, but I luv em!

Pictures, pictures - we need pictures!  :))