VEHICLES > PROJECT CARS/TRUCKS

New project to be daily driver

<< < (3/3)

slip knot:
I miss my old 98 GM 2500. Those were some sweet trucks.

GF, sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Jag. Did it have the Lucas electrical system in it? Prince of darkness is a well earned nickname. I got an IH tractor with a Lucas starter on it. POS gets hard to start when its 40f or below.

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: slip knot on December 05, 2023, 06:44:41 PM ---I miss my old 98 GM 2500. Those were some sweet trucks.

GF, sorry to hear about your bad luck with the Jag. Did it have the Lucas electrical system in it? Prince of darkness is a well earned nickname. I got an IH tractor with a Lucas starter on it. POS gets hard to start when its 40f or below.

--- End quote ---

I can't blame LUCAS, but most likely something I did during the install, OR more likely that the new aftermarket wiring harness that I installed has a QC issue. As I said, a classic Jaguar repair expert couldn't find the issue either. It's intermittent and this problem is hard to trace down. A modern car would store a trouble code, but that old Jag just blows smoke when its not happy ---  ;)

muddy:

--- Quote from: goodfellow on December 05, 2023, 08:09:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: slip knot on December 05, 2023, 06:44:41 PM ---I miss my old 98 GM 2500. Those were some sweet trucks.

--- End quote ---

I can't blame LUCAS, but most likely something I did during the install, OR more likely that the new aftermarket wiring harness that I installed has a QC issue. As I said, a classic Jaguar repair expert couldn't find the issue either. It's intermittent and this problem is hard to trace down. A modern car would store a trouble code, but that old Jag just blows smoke when its not happy ---  ;)

--- End quote ---
I've been fighting two intermittent electrical issues at work. Electrical issues are tough to begin with but add in the intermittent issue and they are nightmares.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

john k:
Electrical problems can cause gray hair.  Got a good look over on my 97 Chevy which met the cow.  Have the 2nd 97 for parts, unfortunately whacked on the same side.  But started counting up I have and what is needed, so seriously started wrenching on it.  Then hit gold (?)  On marketplace, pair of fenders + hood + radiator saddle, great price, 1 hour away.  But,  he was coming by  to visit family, met up, loaded up, just ten miles from here.  Get any better, yes it does,  sheet metal is rust free and the same flavor red!    Not had luck like this in 20 years.  So today am wrenching on it, bumper was wrapped around some of the bumper bolts,  get out the torch,  acetylene empty, huh?  Valve was shut,  so out came the 6 lb. sledge, 6 ft pry bar, and got serious with it.  Then cooling lines tight, real tight, sheet metal wrapped around more critical bolts.   Hammer, pound,pound.  Get somewhere on it tomorrow.  Old carguy,  you have had amazing luck on the Bronco and the Blazer, am currently going on 245k on my 08 Jeep Patriot,  have the unlimited lifetime powertrain warranty,  available when I got it new, but barely used it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version