Author Topic: At a standstill  (Read 1502 times)

Offline Crispycritter

At a standstill
« on: November 17, 2023, 04:56:05 PM »
So i been short on work at shop last few weeks today i didnt even go in cause theres nothing for me to do and i dont like being paid to just stand around.. The shop i work for was ran by two brother one. Of them did sales and other does service well the one that did sales died 2 weeks ago and left a mess and the one brother found ahuge mess so hes trying to contact supplier kubota,case, to arrange deliveries of equipment which my main job was assembling the equipment.   Farmers and construction companys arent bringing in machinery cause prices gone up and its slow time of year specialy since we only do construction equipment im hoping this dont continue to long cause i need the work but its come down to wether i have work or my dad does . living in a small ruralcommunity has down time

Offline Crispycritter

Re: At a standstill
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 05:53:40 PM »
Also i know this in a personal question but does anyone here deal with depression my doctor since i refuse pills and only want naturaltreatment has mentioned i might want to give electro convulsive therapy a try my curriosity is peaked but im also horrifiedof letting someone shock me.  He also mentioned electromagnetic stimulation

Offline TexasT

• Where I can be found
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2023, 04:04:18 PM »
everyone is different. I'm not a better living through chemistry either. I try to stay busy and have plenty to do to keep myself moving forward . I find if I have too much time I get down in holes I don't need to explore. now that I have a grand daughter and two step grand sons to keep me busy teaching stuff I have had to go back to the unplug the power tools and have an eye on em like I used to when our children were young. can't have em maime themselves or each other.

keep moving forward. maybe a side job or two to keep the cash flowing and your mind busy
Rich

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2023, 07:10:26 AM »
everyone is different. I'm not a better living through chemistry either. I try to stay busy and have plenty to do to keep myself moving forward . I find if I have too much time I get down in holes I don't need to explore. now that I have a grand daughter and two step grand sons to keep me busy teaching stuff I have had to go back to the unplug the power tools and have an eye on em like I used to when our children were young. can't have em maime themselves or each other.

keep moving forward. maybe a side job or two to keep the cash flowing and your mind busy
thanks i think ill call a few people see if anyone has any work. Its true the idol time aint the best

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2023, 07:42:49 AM »
Can't help with depression as I suffer from anxiety but diet and exercise are critical to mental health.  So watch what you eat and get active.  Counseling helped me a bunch too.  It helps to have a pro give you insight and perhaps change the perspective of how you look at things going on in your life. I used a Christian counselor and she helped me a ton. I also did a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery that helped a lot.  Its designed not only for drugs and alcohol, but also hurts and hang ups.

As to your job, ask for a special project to keep you busy.  Could be cleaning up stock room, refurbing or detailing used equipment, painting the shop, making displays etc.  Heck, it could even be calling existing customers and offering a service special.

Good luck

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2023, 08:23:35 AM »
Can't help with depression as I suffer from anxiety but diet and exercise are critical to mental health.  So watch what you eat and get active.  Counseling helped me a bunch too.  It helps to have a pro give you insight and perhaps change the perspective of how you look at things going on in your life. I used a Christian counselor and she helped me a ton. I also did a 12 step program called Celebrate Recovery that helped a lot.  Its designed not only for drugs and alcohol, but also hurts and hang ups.

As to your job, ask for a special project to keep you busy.  Could be cleaning up stock room, refurbing or detailing used equipment, painting the shop, making displays etc.  Heck, it could even be calling existing customers and offering a service special.

Good luck
im gonna get some shit for this but im mostly vegatarian and i try to go to thegym a few times a week

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2023, 11:48:40 AM »
Won't get no shit from me.  I'm not vegetarian, but respect folks' decisions on their diet.  I try to eat clean and somewhat organic myself.

I just don't care for folks who try to force their views on me and you ain't doing that.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2023, 03:08:50 PM »
Won't get no shit from me.  I'm not vegetarian, but respect folks' decisions on their diet.  I try to eat clean and somewhat organic myself.

I just don't care for folks who try to force their views on me and you ain't doing that.
i love meat dont get me wrong i also love to hunt but my stomach issues mean i have to stay away from things slow to digest

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2023, 03:31:44 PM »
I don't think anyone here is going to give you any grief about your dietary considerations.  That is you business and I would be disappointed if any of the regulars here would see that any different than I do.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2023, 10:48:00 PM by Uncle Buck »
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2023, 04:25:44 PM »
Thanks buck. Another forum i posted my love for themorning star plantbased chicken and got ate alive.

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2023, 09:27:51 PM »
I like the Morningstar stuff. No shame in that at all.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2023, 04:53:51 PM »
Well guys i start next a 3hr 3x a week intensive outpatient program for depression must have been a sign from god cause i applied back in june but they didnt accept my insurance. The program called me at 3pm to tell me their now in network. So with not being needed at work i now can get help

Offline muddy

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2023, 06:52:20 PM »
Well guys i start next a 3hr 3x a week intensive outpatient program for depression must have been a sign from god cause i applied back in june but they didnt accept my insurance. The program called me at 3pm to tell me their now in network. So with not being needed at work i now can get help
Great to hear! Best of luck. And no matter how silly their suggestions or methods may seem,  always give it a shot. Miracles don't happen overnight.

I've been on medication for ADHD/bipolar since second grade there where highs and lows but eventually found a combo that works very well for me.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2023, 09:25:13 AM »
Great to hear! Best of luck. And no matter how silly their suggestions or methods may seem,  always give it a shot. Miracles don't happen overnight.

I've been on medication for ADHD/bipolar since second grade there where highs and lows but eventually found a combo that works very well for me.

first session hour and a half away. Excited nervous all in one.
I have adhd bad but with a host of other problems which i was hiding behind weed with but more research i do i read about how indepth therapy is only real cure and smoking is just a bondo patch good short term but sucks for longetivity

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2023, 12:58:43 PM »
forgot to check back in on this.  good news for you.

Good luck!
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2023, 08:00:44 PM »
This is super news! Glad to hear this. You will get nothing but support from folks here. Thanks for sharing and stay with it!
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline muddy

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2023, 08:54:56 PM »

first session hour and a half away. Excited nervous all in one.
I have adhd bad but with a host of other problems which i was hiding behind weed with but more research i do i read about how indepth therapy is only real cure and smoking is just a bondo patch good short term but sucks for longetivity
The wife and I did couples therapy (it was more for me ) when we first got married. Helped a ton!

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2023, 07:45:08 AM »
Dustin, that is great news.  Won't be a quick fix but pay attention to incremental improvements, that will help keep you moving forward

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2023, 01:58:36 PM »
 day 2 is awesome covering alot of stuff i been struggling with.. My thoughts were going dark places last couple months and well ill be judged for thisbut my hatred for myself and the loss of my mom made me start thinking of some very bad thoughts....i was smoking 3 bags of weed a weekcause i was fighting the grief of losing my mom and since im bi i also have alot of self hate

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2023, 08:11:15 PM »
good on you getting things figured out.

don't take "this" the wrong way but most of us have known you for a long time. the issues you have described  have been obvious to some  of us, maybe not that we have known exactly why but we have been able to see it. the older you get the better on becomes at reading people.

any mind altering substance, weed, alcohol, etc. are bad in excess and sometimes any is too much.

i have lost both of my parents and my father in law in the last 6 years. it's tough. 

bi? i could care less what you do in the privacy of your own home. i don't tell you what i do in privacy, you don't want to know and i am not telling you. same goes with what you do. i don't want to know and don't tell me. too many people are in your face with all of that. no need to hide it but no need to advertise either. one of my best friends is gay and also works for me quite a bit. he can run any piece of machinery i own and is good at repairing as well. you would be  hard pressed to find a nicer guy.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2023, 11:09:19 AM »
Dustin, as SK said, we have known you a long time and I have always seen good in you.  I have also seen some of the ugly.  Glad this counseling is helping, stick to it.  I have also seen you mention God and church in your last few posts.  That is what is most important, get to know God

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2023, 12:02:21 PM »
Dustin, as SK said, we have known you a long time and I have always seen good in you.  I have also seen some of the ugly.  Glad this counseling is helping, stick to it.  I have also seen you mention God and church in your last few posts.  That is what is most important, get to know God
im trying my hardest. Phil

sk. Im not trying to be in your face. Just stating i have alot of self hate cause i know imnot normal.

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2023, 03:23:05 PM »
oh i didn't think or say you were. sorry if you thought i was.

what i meant  was most people don't care if you don't push it in their face. which i don't think you are doing.

example.  earlier this fall my wife and i were out,  there were three men having lunch near us.  i assume all three of them were gay from their interactions, one appeared to be normal looking.  the second was more feminine looking  but was not out of place. the third guy was 250 lbs with a beard, makeup, hairy legs and a floral dress that would look more appropriate on your grandma. the guy looked like and acted like a fool. not much different than the person who wears rainbow colored clothes from head to to with matching hair or has the whole back of their car covered with rainbow stickers with dumbass comments.

it is hard to convince people to treat treat them normal  when they have no desire to be or to act normal.

before calling me out, my gay friend agrees with me 100%. he says the same  about the kid with his asscrack hanging out or the gal the acts and  looks like a hooker. a person does not need to hide who they are but the only reason for the way some people act is to get the action or response and then complain because someone loks or treats them different because of it.

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2023, 07:57:23 PM »
Well day 3 update. Really enjoying the groups and got set up with individual therapy. Which i start tomorow then every thursday ill have it so monday thru wed i do 3hrs each day then thursday i have a hour i also reached out to couple local groups about activitys to do and the 8th i got a community dinner / christmas party... 

Also phil i might add.about the ugliness you seen that was mostly a young kid who thought he could make everyone think the same from shit i was told by others.now i think everyones entitled to their opinion and i dont have to agree with them and thats it. Im not 20anymore i cant keep making enemies or eventually no one will talk with me.

Offline walrus

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2023, 05:00:15 AM »

Look up SCD, specific carbohydrate diet if stuff slow to digest bothers you. Its helped my Ulcerative Colitis. The theory in short is long chain carbs aren't digested well if your gut is impaired. That means you stick to simple carbs. Most veggies are cool. taters, sugar rice  and any other grains are a no go. Its a hard diet to do as the standard American Diet is full of sugar and grains. Fanatical reading of ingridients is a must to do it successfully. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2023, 07:47:19 AM »

Look up SCD, specific carbohydrate diet if stuff slow to digest bothers you. Its helped my Ulcerative Colitis. The theory in short is long chain carbs aren't digested well if your gut is impaired. That means you stick to simple carbs. Most veggies are cool. taters, sugar rice  and any other grains are a no go. Its a hard diet to do as the standard American Diet is full of sugar and grains. Fanatical reading of ingridients is a must to do it successfully.

Good advice.  I know between Walrus, Busted knuckles and my sister. I have seen the effect diet has and changed mine to great benefit

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2023, 07:56:21 AM »

Also phil i might add.about the ugliness you seen that was mostly a young kid who thought he could make everyone think the same from shit i was told by others.now i think everyones entitled to their opinion and i dont have to agree with them and thats it. Im not 20anymore i cant keep making enemies or eventually no one will talk with me.

Yep, and your statement shows you have matured.  Note, most all of us were know it all kids at one time :))

Keep plugging away at treatment and build a support team around you so that you can support and be supported when times get rough

Offline Crispycritter

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2024, 09:14:47 AM »
So some news im off 4 of the 6 psych meds i was on im also now undering electroconvulsive therapy for my treatment resistant depression. Yes its essentialy shock treatments but so far i had 4 treatments and i feel amazing .