Author Topic: Lets see your cat  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Crispycritter

Lets see your cat
« on: November 30, 2023, 10:15:45 AM »
Picked this guy up a couple month ago from the shelter he was returned from a house with 9kids for clawing and biting and was on gabepetin to calm him.. I never gave him his meds and let him be a cat. Now he loves on me and only time he gets aggresive is when he wants left alone this is raven

Offline skfarmer

• Global Moderator
Re: Lets see your cat
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 01:57:04 PM »
ha, no cats here. they seem to come and go but mostly go.
from the ashes shall rise a phoenix

i was here when the hangout turned into mexican food site!

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 06:28:26 PM »
I am more allergic to cats than anything else on the planet so no cats around here.
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2023, 12:05:26 AM »
I'll have to see if I can find some pics. We had cats for many years but they're all gone now.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline oldcarguy

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2023, 07:35:05 AM »

Meet Fabio. One of my daughter’s adopted him when she interned in NYC. When she returned to campus she found out cats were not allowed in her dorm room. I kept him at my office for her last semester. Allergies at home.  He liked napping on top my old computer monitor. Sometimes jump up on my lap. She took a job that ended her up in sans franscico. And I put Fabio in a soft carrier and few with me. He passed away years later being close to twenty.

Offline john k

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2023, 08:11:02 AM »
Way in the country here, with cornfields on 3 sides cats are a must.  Had barn cats all my life, sometimes one gets  friendly.   Have an orange tabby in the house for over 15 years,  can be a lap cat when she feels like it.  Lost most all the barn cats in the last few years, from 11 to 1 old tom.  Observing them have determined it is birds taking them, no fur around or sign of fights.  Got many red tail hawks, and great horned owls in the area.  Shooting predator birds is illegal too. Noticed the cats started hurrying between the buildings, never lay out sunning.  No other close farms in the area anymore.  Come spring plan to get a litter or two.

Offline hickory n Steel

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2023, 08:26:35 AM »
I'm more of a Pitbull guy when it comes to 4 legged best friends,  that is to say I'm mostly a dog person but am set on 1 specific breed.
I do love cats and have had some great ones though.
My last cat thumper will probably be the last cat I ever had though, she just disappeared one day and I cannot deal with having another cat and worrying that the same thing will happen.
Her brother was found dead on the boulevard in the middle of the night by our neighbors, and that's another one I can't go through the worry of again.

This is the only picture I have left of her.

When I was I think 17 our cat had a litter of kittens and there was only one we were going to keep because my mom's husband declared if there's a white one I'm keeping it ( that was odie, such a great cat before he got hit by a car ) , but Thumper just bonded to me and started following me everywhere.
I really loved her but accepted the fact that she would have go to a new home like the rest of the litter did as much as I wished I could keep her.
One day while I was at my dad's for the summer my mom called me to tell my about the big mess my cat had made when she got on the counter and I didn't know what she was talking about.
She said " We just can't give Thumper away because she's too attached to you, that's  your cat "  and the rest is history

Always lookin' to learn

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 06:57:47 AM »
Indoor cats because we love them. Do things dogs will never think of, or can.... LMAO  great pets

Bottom picture is not a cat looking in the mirror, excellent shot, the credit goes to my wife.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2023, 07:10:43 AM by pep »
1776 ................... what happened!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2023, 11:42:28 AM »
We had a cat that would perch on the top of the door like that. She could jump up from the floor. But she wasn't chilling - she was lurking and she'd dive bomb you when you walked by.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2023, 04:49:30 PM »
 That's hilarious & so cat ....

We had a cat that would perch on the top of the door like that. She could jump up from the floor. But she wasn't chilling - she was lurking, and she'd dive bomb you when you walked by.

Offline slip knot

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2023, 06:37:52 PM »
I used to laugh at Bruce's cat pics with a leash. I never had a cat tame enough to even catch much less tie up.

I wonder how Bruce is doing?

Offline pep

• Personal TEXT
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2023, 08:57:42 PM »
Dittos, on both, to be honest I am thinking not very well on the latter.

I used to laugh at Bruce's cat pics with a leash. I never had a cat tame enough to even catch much less tie up.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2023, 09:49:06 PM »
Dittos, on both, to be honest I am thinking not very well on the latter.

What was the news anyone heard about Bruce? I did recall he had a health condition.  What condition he had I do not recall. But being honest,  due to my health issues a few years ago my memory is just not what it used to be.

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2023, 09:18:57 AM »
Muddy followed Bruce on FB I think.  Miss him and his shoe collection :))

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2023, 11:52:49 AM »
I forgot about the fun we use to have with that!