Author Topic: Wood Scratch Repair  (Read 531 times)

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
Wood Scratch Repair
« on: December 22, 2023, 01:19:34 PM »
Not sure why I never mentioned this before but I've been using this for years. This one particular can I've had over a decade and was just using it this morning and thought I'd pass this along. It works surprisingly well on blending finishes where you have a scratch and want to erase it. It will not raise a dent in the wood - that is still best done with a wet cloth and iron but it will blend the finish and it got rid of the one water mark I tried it on.

I checked online and it's still sold and not all that expensive - around 10/can from ACE. Amazon is $4 more. Considering how long it lasts that's a pretty good deal to me.

The new stick comes sealed in foil so it should last a long time unopened.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Administrator
Re: Wood Scratch Repair
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 07:07:09 PM »
Thanks! I  need to try this on a piece of furniture we have. Does it come in different shades?
You boys better hold on cause I'm gonna have to stand on it!

Offline J.A.F.E.

• Resident Alien
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2023, 12:01:26 PM »
It has no color it works by blending the existing finish. It works best on medium and light tones but I have successfully used it on darker wood.
People who confuse etymology and entomology bug me in ways I can’t put into words.

Offline geneg

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2023, 08:47:35 PM »
Works extremely well & I don't think I have ever used up a can.  Something that you can find cheap at estate sales.  Kept some in all of my trimwork boxes and on the shelf built into the wall leading to my basement.  You can get similar results with the meat of a fresh walnut or almond.  Pretty well rub it in & wipe it off. 

Offline fatfillup

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2023, 05:56:43 AM »
Thanks! I  need to try this on a piece of furniture we have. Does it come in different shades?

Careful UB, sounds like some alien crap to me :))