TOOLS AND THE SHOP > MACHINE SHOP

Talk about tool addiction...

(1/4) > >>

oldcarguy:

There's no shortage of drill chucks at OldCarGuy's Toy Shop. My collection of  drill Chucks.. From 1” diameter to 3/8” Mostly Jacobs Ball Bearing Super Chucks.

Jacobs Drill Chucks at my large lathe,, that requires #5 MT Shanks

Jacobs Drill Chucks at my radial drill press,, that requires #4 MT Shanks

zeke:
I thought I had a lot.

Uncle Buck:
I think OCG is the hands down winner of home shops on this site. There are a number of members with nice home shops and assortments of tools and machines but to my knowledge none of them could stand shoulder to shoulder with his shop. No disrespect intended to any other member, but I think my assessment is accurate.

goodfellow:

--- Quote from: Uncle Buck on February 10, 2024, 03:58:20 PM ---I think OCG is the hands down winner of home shops on this site. There are a number of members with nice home shops and assortments of tools and machines but to my knowledge none of them could stand shoulder to shoulder with his shop. No disrespect intended to any other member, but I think my assessment is accurate.

--- End quote ---

Let's face it, OCG doesn't have a "home shop". Rather he has an industrial production quality machine and restoration shop located at his house. I've seen a lot of independent "old school" machine shops in my life, and OCG's shop is better equipped than most all of them.

Most of my equipment is value based older American, Taiwanese and newer Chinese stuff. I can make it work and do decent work, but OCG has the tools and the knowledge/ability to use them. That capability only comes with time and experience.

Uncle Buck:
Thank you for doing a much better job of clarifying OCG's compound expertise and abilities Ray!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version